Senior Agreement Specialist
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
TITLE SENIOR AGREEMENT SPECIALIST:
($63,393.31 - $73,118.09 - Annually)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Agreements, the Senior Agreement Specialist leads the development of a wide range of project agreements between BC Housing and non-profit, public and private sector partners and participates in housing program development. He/she/they is accountable for the review of project leases, housing agreements, and intergovernmental agreements to ensure alignment with the specific program requirements and BC Housing’s strategic objectives. The position negotiates with housing providers, liaises with legal counsel, drafts and issues complex project agreements under various BC Housing funding programs, and designs new agreement templates in accordance with new and revised housing program frameworks.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, social studies, business administration or other related field. Considerable experience in drafting and interpreting agreements/contracts.
- Considerable experience in drafting legal terms, negotiating with third parties, and executing contracts.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of Social Housing Agreements and related social housing programs.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices, and techniques of contract development, negotiation, and administration.
- Considerable knowledge of real estate and contract law.
- Ability to learn and understand BC Housing agreement templates, programs, and related documentation
- Ability to learn and understand internal business areas across the Commission, project scope, program frameworks and related legal terms and conditions.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively assign work to direct reports based on multiple priorities and oversee the quality of that work on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to analyse contractual requirements and negotiate and write complex contracts.
- Ability to establish, foster and maintain positive and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and address problems in a diplomatic and tactful manner in order to successfully accomplish objectives.
- Ability to perform in a demanding atmosphere under pressure of deadline.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and initiative to seek out required information.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, research, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and document management related tools.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.
- Indigenous candidates are welcome to connect with an Indigenous team member in our organization to discuss the recruitment process and our workplace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.)