Senior Advisor Risk & Regulatory
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Risk management
Employer : National Bank
As a Senior Advisor, Risk and Regulatory, you have an expert understanding of operational risk, regulatory compliance and the financial services industry. You will manage new projects and business initiatives in order to ensure that National Bank Independent Network (NBIN) complies with the applicable regulations and risk management best practices. You will help promote a positive risk management culture within NBIN and will provide support as an expert in operational risk and regulatory compliance for our IB, PM and IFM firms.
- Participate as a member of the team’s leadership in setting targets and assisting the Risk & Regulatory team in achieving its objectives
- Act as an escalation point for complex problems or situations with partners and clients
- such as Service, Legal, Credit & Risk, Finance, Compliance, Estates, and Wealth Operational Risk
- Act as a subject matter expert of operational risk items such as Privacy, Fraud, AML, exception reviews, Business Continuity Management, Cybersecurity, Operational Loss reporting and Third Party Risk
- Assist in managing department projects; lead various projects required to meet our goals and make improvements to processes within the team and NBIN
- Assist in developing and documenting policy and procedures related to operations within NBIN to ensure risk mitigation
- Support various audit mandates for NBIN eg. OSFI, New SRO (IIROC), Internal audit
The Senior Advisor will report to the Senior Manager of NBIN Risk & Regulatory.
National Bank Independent Network (NBIN) is a division of National Bank Financial, a wholly owned subsidiary of National Bank of Canada. NBIN is the premier provider of carrying broker, trading and custodial services to Portfolio Management (PM), IIROC registered Introducing Broker (IB) firm, Prime Brokerage (PB), and Investment Fund Management firms across Canada. Consult www.nbin.ca for more detail.
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7+ years’ relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of operational risk framework and regulatory environment in the financial services industry
- An ability to create efficiency, optimize, add value, and go above and beyond in normal duties
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills in English, French would be an asset
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic