Senior Advisor, RF Engineering
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 382794
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
About the team
The NTS team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion-dollar broadcast, fiber, 5G, and security networks. Successful candidates joining the NTS team will be given the opportunity to get hands on experience using next generation technology while collaborating with peers from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your leadership skills and use your expertise in wireless and wireline networks, software development, algorithms, analytics, data structures, GIS, finance - fueled by your competitive nature - to support seamless strategic planning and help influence Bell’s future capital investments.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Seamless Planning and Competitive Analytics, the Senior Advisor, RF Engineering will be tasked with co-leading a high-performing squad of Software Developers in the development of seamless Wireline and Wireless data-driven studies to ensure Bell maintains its leadership position offering our customers the Best network experience possible.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, Seamless Planning and Competitive Analytics, we are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Software Developer to support use-case development in our Competitive Analytics squad.
- Work with an agile team to develop dashboards and alerts, perform analysis, create studies and build presentations
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Provide timely/proactive and relevant updates to the appropriate executives, leaders, and decision makers
- Initiate competitive analytics tools and use cases to provide insight into our competitor’s Wireless (including 5G) and Wireline deployments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field applicable to software/systems engineering and network planning.
- People leadership and the ability to build partnership with key stakeholders
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure tools and pipelines such as GitLab CI/CD, Docker Swarm etc
- Ability to design algorithms and databases, debug and optimize code, automate routine tasks
- Familiarity with data visualization, exploration, mining, and forecasting
- Familiarity with geospatial data manipulation (examples include Geopandas, Shapely, Alteryx, MapInfo, Mentum Planet, QGIS or others)
- Systematic and innovative problem-solving approach, coupled with a sense of drive
- Strong team player, with ability to get things done on a tight timeline
- Thirst to expand telecom domain-specific knowledge
- Excellent executive presentation and communication skills - both written and oral
- Flexible work schedule, with willingness to put time in for hot topics on a deadline
- Ability to work in the ambiguous, unknown fog that regularly surrounds data exploration
- Ability to excel in a remote, work-from-home environment
- Autonomous, organized, self-managed and has sense of decision making
- Strong understanding of wireless and wireline technology and competitor positioning
- Familiar with Analytical tools like Microstrategy and Tableau among others
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie)
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/18/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
#Talent #Indeed #Tech
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.