Senior Advisor professional practice
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Risk management
Employer : National Bank
A career as a Senior advisor Professional practice in the team of Internal audit at National Bank is to act as an expert in the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Audit (IIA). It is being responsible for the evolution and the maintenance of the quality assurance and improvement program. It is contributing to the compliance with the regulatory requirements pertaining to internal audit and to the improvement of the sector’s performance and efficiency.
- Participate in events relating to the profession including with your pears for the other Canadian Banks in Toronto.
- Use your innovative ideas to develop and implement the annual quality assurance and improvement program and report the results.
- Support the internal audit functions of the Bank’s subsidiaries with their quality assurance and improvement programs.
- Advise and support our auditors in the performing of their audit engagements and actively participate in the review of strategies and results.
- Maintain and evolve our training programs and communicate actively about professional practices, competencies and skills.
- Actively monitor regulatory requirements pertaining to internal audit for the Bank and its subsidiaries.
- Remain knowledgeable on best practices relating to internal audit, evolve our practices and update the policies and tools used by auditors while insuring alignment with the Bank’s risk management.
Within the Internal audit sector, you are part of a team of near 80 professional type colleagues, and you report to the Senior manager, Internal audit – Wealth management, Finance and Professional practice and support. Our team stands out for its dynamism, its innovation, the opportunities for professional development and personal surpassement while developing enriching professional relationships through Internal audit’s various partners. We ultimately aim to offer you maximum flexibility and quality of life. This notably means a hybrid work environment, as well as adaptable working hours. Our offices are in the headquarters located in downtown Montreal.
Our training programs use on-the-job learning to help you master your role. You can access personalized training content on such topics as internal audit, risk management and the Bank’s activities to support your ongoing learning. You’ll also have access to colleagues with a wide range of expertise, experience and backgrounds to enrich all aspects of your development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 6 years of relevant experience OR master’s degree in a related field and 5 years of relevant experience
- Internal or external audit experience
- Strong interest in exploiting data analysis and in exploring Artificial Intelligence
- Developed analytical and synthesis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capacity to influence and strong interest in coaching
- Strong relationship skills with internal and external partners of the Bank
- Agile, goal oriented and team player
- Being available to travel occasionally, mainly in Toronto, for meetings with pears from other Canadian Banks
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Opportunities to get involved in community initiatives
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic