Senior Advisor, Product Line Management
City : Ottawa
Category : Product Line Management
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for defining product and business direction for Ciena product security on Converged Packet Optical products determined via interactions with key
customer decision makers, industry initiatives/standards and R&D subject matter experts.
- Work with customers and account teams to ensure product / portfolio alignment to market demands
- Work with broader PLM leadership team to ensure a complete cross portfolio evolution strategy is in place to ensure Ciena meets its corporate goals
- Work with R&D, supply chain and procurement to ensure optimize product / solution costs
- Work with R&D to ensure appropriate feature prioritization / roll out
- Work with sales and customers to ensure appropriate pricing
- Work with Marketing team to ensure that our competitive differentiation is clearly articulated and understood by sales, customers, and the financial community
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum BS in engineering (with telecommunications, networking or communications systems concentration) – or equivalent experience
- MBA desired
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience with successful and progressive track record of accomplishment, leadership and increasing responsibility
- Strong product background in optical fiber communications
- Proven experience of driving new product introduction into customer accounts
- Proven experience of growing a product business in a competitive environment
- Keen business sense and general management experience to drive lifecycle management of complex products and solutions from concept through retirement with clear focus on strategic and operational goals and objectives
- Extraordinary communications and presentation skills facing customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong program and project management skills with meticulous attention to detail in orchestrating efforts across multiple functional disciplines while overseeing and coordinating all constituent elements of product line profit and loss drivers
- Seasoned interpersonal skills with a proven ability to achieve results through alignment of cross-functional and multi-divisional activities in a highly collaborative, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with customers, suppliers, and other functional organizations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/TRAVEL: Up to 35% travel
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.