Senior Advisor, Inuvialuit Settlement Region
City : Yellowknife
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Advisor, Inuvialuit Settlement Region - ( 240000E8 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Senior Advisor will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating community engagement. The successful candidate will also be involved as an advisor in the Inuvialuit regulatory aspects of projects. In concert with the fully integrated operational and project teams at Stantec, the Senior Advisor will be expected to liaise with communities in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR) as well as with external stakeholders, regulators, clients, government and non-government agencies, and others with interest in projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide strategic advice related to consultation and engagement with ISR communities and organizations.
- Provide strategic advice related to ISR regulatory processes.
- Develop and implement ISR related participation and engagement plans, as required.
- Identify, track, and monitor issues, concerns, and interests identified by ISR groups.
- Collaborate with ISR communities and Stantec business units to identify and develop opportunities for building capacity, business development and employment.
- Ensure that Stantec’s project management processes are followed (e.g., internal work orders signed, signing authorities are correct, project setup, etc.).
- Performs other related duties.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- In-depth knowledge of the history and present-day context of Indigenous Peoples in the ISR, including governments and organizations.
- Experience with Inuvialuit knowledge systems and worldviews.
- Experience working with Inuvialuit communities, governments, and organizations.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- Must possess strong facilitative, negotiation, influencing, written communication and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgement, ability to deal with complex and sensitive issues, and communicate and collaborate effectively.
Education and Experience
Successful candidates in this position may come from a variety of academic backgrounds.
A 4-year university degree with 8 years’ related experience with two more years in a professional consulting context OR
Technical diploma/certification with extensive years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates with less applicable experience, may be considered at a different level.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for periods of time. Travel to Indigenous communities and to Stantec offices may be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Northwest Territories-Yellowknife
Organization : BC-1235 EnvSvcs-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 29, 2024, 9:20:28 AM
Req ID: 240000E8
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans