Senior Advisor Financial Markets Operational Risk Management
City : Montreal
Category : Regular Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : National Bank
National Bank is currently undergoing the most significant technological transformation in its history and has many career opportunities to offer. As a Senior Advisor for Financial Markets Operational Risk Management, you will have the responsibility to support the Business line in the identification, assessment, monitoring, management, and documentation of operational risks. You will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Markets Business Operational Strategy, Resilience & Risk Management.
- Act as a trusted partner and provide specialized expertise amongst Financial Markets Business and Support Functions leaders.
- Coordinate reporting to management of significant risks and effectiveness of risk mitigation actions.
- Perform business monitoring activities such as Risk & Control Assessment, Key Risk Indicators and corrective measures.
- Facilitate implementation of recommendations from regulators, internal and external auditors to improve the operational risk monitoring and management tools.
- Support the line of business with their inquiries on regulatory and/or external/internal audit matters to drive alignment and proper connection points between regulatory requests.
- Partner with the Business Units on operational risk matters to ensure business growth is balanced with risk management and control.
- Provide direction, guidance and oversight, while also promoting a strong risk culture and sustainable risk-return thinking.
- Lead and carry out several complex initiatives and mandates requesting an in-depth knowledge of financial markets products, systems, and end-to-end processes.
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in Financial Markets, Operational Risk Management or related field
- Solid knowledge of Financial Markets activities, including products and structures as well as the systems and processes that are supporting them.
- Ability to think laterally to lead and manage complex files and projects. Excellent ability to influence and lead
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and in English (for dealing with English-speaking partners outside Quebec)
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?