Senior Administrative Assistant
City : Kelowna
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Administrative Assistant - ( 23000228 )
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We are currently seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant (Executive experience) for our Kamloops office. This position is full time (5 days/week). We are looking for a highly motivated individual with administrative skills to provide support to the Program Leadership Team for a major, long-term transportation program in BC. The Program Leadership Team is comprised of a combination of Stantec staff and BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure employees.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The duties of administrative support include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform clerical functions such as typing, filing, scanning, photocopying, courier and printing.
- Travel coordination including booking flights, hotels and car rentals.
- Organize and attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Prepare or assist with letters, spreadsheets, specifications, and other documents to Program standards as assigned.
- Electronic calendar management including scheduling meetings, boardroom bookings, arranging catering and making lunch reservations as required.
- Assist with preparation of expense submissions and timecard administration.
- Electronic file management, including creation of new files, filing, and coordinating with Records Management the offsite storage of project records.
- Order promotional materials as required.
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations, online research.
- Support the office safety and environmental programs with various reporting requirements.
- Assist with special event planning, including team-building activities, staff meetings.
- Cover reception desk as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Diploma in office administration with 5-8 years of administrative assistant experience in a consulting or government environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willing to undergo security clearance to work on confidential projects.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills – articulate and diplomatic manner.
- High level of skills/experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and, Outlook, MS Teams and Adobe skills with managing PDFs.
- Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team in a fast paced, deadline-oriented and project-based environment.
- Ability to prioritize duties and work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of an effective team.
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Flexible attitude.
- Ability to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree - Business, Public Administration, or other related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Familiarity with MS Teams for virtual meetings / presentations is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby, Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 10, 2023, 10:28:21 AM
Req ID: 23000228
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans