Senior Account Manager Agri-foods
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Advisory services, Commercial banking
Employer : National Bank
A career as a Senior Account Manager on the team of Agri-Food Team at National Bank is to adopt a friendly approach and provide high-quality advice, you will offer clients a people-centric experience and help them reach their business goals. Your complex and varied duties will help you rapidly become a trusted advisor to your clients for their financial projects.
This job allows you to have a positive impact on the organization through developing the brand as we help you build the portfolio across Ontario. It’s like being an Entrepreneur within the Bank! Our banking team is dedicated exclusively to handling companies with high growth potential in the Agrifood/Food transformation sector.
• Identify and develop business opportunities in your market, increase your commercial client base, and establish business development strategies
• Help your clients attain their business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on the most suitable combination of Bank products and services
• Manage relationships with sophisticated clients who have financing needs between $10 million and $150 million in situations that are often transactional
• Meet clients' changing needs by adapting and optimizing financial products and sales approaches
• Provide expertise in the areas of financing structure, financial analysis, and all aspects of file assessment
• Help prepare files, including analyzing and setting up business financing structures
• Participate in negotiations with internal stakeholders (legal advisors, Credit department, Syndication department, etc.) and external stakeholders (legal advisors, other financial institutions, clients, prospective clients, etc.)
• You will have the opportunity to work on financial syndication in this role
• Negotiate terms and conditions of agreements with clients, while making sure that they meet risk management standards and profitability criteria
• Identification of potential growth opportunities and market expansion avenues.
Within the Specialized Groups sector, you are part of a team of 14 colleagues, and you report to the Associate Vice-President. Our team stands out for its collaboration. With the assistance of a team of various credit and treasury specialists, you will structure complex credit files for your clients. Our team values passionate people and bold ideas. We work together to make sure our clients reach their goals and our colleagues do what they love. We rely on our colleagues to share knowledge and help one another.
We ultimately aim to offer you maximum flexibility and quality of life. This notably means a hybrid work environment, as well as adaptable working hours.
Our training programs use on-the-job learning to help you master your role. You can access personalized training content on such topics as banking solutions and the advisory approach to support your ongoing learning. You’ll also have access to colleagues with a wide range of expertise, experience, and backgrounds to enrich all aspects of your development.
• Bachelor's degree and 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
• Experience in business development and with an established business network (in the Agrifood sector is an important asset)
• Experience in underwriting and financing structure
• Discipline, commitment to teamwork and eagerness to learn
• In-depth knowledge of the syndication process
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Opportunities to get involved in community initiatives
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic