Senior Account Executive, Customer Sales
City : Toronto, Canada; Vancouver, Canada
Category : Customer Sales
Industry : Technology
Employer : Hootsuite
We’re looking for a Senior Account Executive to increase annual recurring revenue of our large customer accounts. In this role, you will collaborate with the sales manager to develop renewal and upsell strategies that will build long term partnership and growth with our existing customers. You’ll be educating our customers on Hootsuite’s value proposition, and introducing new solutions. You will collaborate across the broader Sales and Customer organizations to achieve company goals. While working in a hybrid work arrangement, a blend of virtual (in accordance with Hootsuite’s distributed workforce strategy), and in Hootsuite’s Vancouver or Toronto office, you will report to our Manager, Customer & Expansion.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Plan, develop and execute a Book of Business plan against Hootsuite's large business customers designed to drive revenue growth through renewal and expansion.
- In collaboration with management, craft renewal and upsell expansion sales strategies for the assigned book of business, comprising large Hootsuite customers.
- Follow the prescribed sales process, adding your own expertise and shared experiences, including negotiation and other operational processes for renewals and upsell opportunities
- Effectively navigate the complete renewal and expansion sales cycles including presenting the value of our solutions to Digital Marketing Directors and VPs; looking for opportunities to adopt additional medium to high complexity products and secure introductions to additional internal buyers for cross-sell opportunities.
- Consistently manage a pipeline of expansion opportunities, strategically aligned with the company goals; closing opportunities each quarter
- Accurately forecast for weekly, monthly, and quarterly revenue targets
- Actively participate in our “Revenue Management Framework” initiatives, structured and consistent set of activities that drives operational excellence and high performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., customer success, sales, marketing, product, executive leadership) to develop deal strategies to convert pipeline into customer wins.
- Partner with Customer Success Managers by supporting core customer engagements: mutual account plans, business reviews, and value-led conversations.
- Create new qualified sales opportunities on a weekly frequency.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to deliver value and business impact
- Learn, execute and master the ValueSelling Framework©.
- Complete and submit request for proposals (RFP) when necessary.
- Lead the Social Maturity Assessment for our clients. Utilize the assessment to ensure increasing value for our customers through our products and create expansion pipeline through relevant recommendations, both as an individual and in partnership with internal partners
- Monitor social media trends and best practices to stay up-to-date with emerging technologies, customer needs, and the competitive landscape.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures related to customer account management, including data security and privacy regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5-7 years of account management and sales experience, preferably in the technology (SaaS) industry
- Proven success managing and growing an enterprise customer portfolio; demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of opportunities while leveraging data-driven insights within the customer journey and sales process.
- Proven record of consistent quota attainment or portfolio management; experience developing account plans with a mix of tactics, considered an asset
- Proven record of managing a pipeline of $25-75K expansion or net new opportunities; maintaining a pipeline coverage multiple of 3
- Experience coordinating an internal team of customer facing supporting employees to support the successful management of a deal cycle
- Experience identifying, coordinating and effectively managing an external buying team (consisting of different roles like IT, Security, Legal, Procurement) in an effective manner to support a successful sales and buying process
- Experience using sales tools such as SFDC, Gong, Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and 6Sense.
- Belief in ValueSelling, with a strong sense of what customers value and how to challenge them to develop a deeper understanding of how Hootsuite delivers impact and ROI.
- Proven success negotiating and building consensus with multiple stakeholders within complex B2B environments, [NEW] inclusive of Director level and above contacts
- Familiarity with SaaS contracts, contract terms and experience working with legal and procurement teams.
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up
- Problem-Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Variable Pay. You will be eligible to participate in Hootsuite’s Sales Compensation Program. Please speak with your recruiter for more information.
Note. The base salary of our Sales Compensation Program is an absolute value instead of a range and therefore, you will see that reflected below.