Security IDAM Consultant
City : Mississauga - Financial Dr.
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:As the Identify Access Management Consultant you will report to Cyber GRC & IAM Manager to help us build and grow our cyber practice from the ground up. This is a rare opportunity to join us on our journey on the forefront of cybersecurity, grow with us, and help shape the future of Maple Leaf Foods.
This role requires a motivated self-starter with strong analytical, problem-solving skills, is an excellent communicator and report-writer. You will have a deep understanding of AD and Microsoft and identity access management principles, and foundational knowledge of industry-specific regulations, standards, and frameworks. You are passionate about security and compliance and believe in due diligence.
Maple Leaf Foods offers a flexible hybrid working model working out of our Mississauga office.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Lead, recommend, and act as a thought leader on enterprise-wide AD and overall infrastructure identity operations and design.
- Foster ideas for process improvement and automation to our current AD landscape
- Troubleshoot access issues related to AD and document the resolution.
- Liaise with enterprise infrastructure and security team to implement AD best practices.
- Support CEO and CFO Certification (C3) controls pertaining to AD by creating reports, reviewing and updating AD related documentation.
- Provide timely support on access issues pertaining broader enterprise IAM and PAM
- Design and deliver AD based solutions that can be scaled and phased as MLF’s cyber maturity and environment grow.
- Collaborate with Project Management Office (PMO) and provide AD related advice on project in-flight and prospective projects.
- Identify, document, report, and prioritize risks pertaining to AD (and Azure AD)
- Document and Manage secure AD configurations.
- As part of the Security Team, the IAM Analyst supports user provisioning, auditing, and governance.
- The team member will be expected to become familiar with established policies, procedures, audit, and compliance requirements to support and maintain appropriate access to applications agency-wide.
- Ensures system access is maintained in accordance with Maple Leaf Foods information security policies and procedures.
- Supports all access management control activities throughout the Identity Management Lifecycle
- Ensures access to systems provisioned applying the concepts of least privilege and segregation of duties.
- Evaluates existing access to ensure levels remain commensurate with employee job responsibilities.
- Responsible for evaluating access management systems to show continued improvements of IAM lifecycle processes and operations.
- Create and modify user accounts, security groups, and access policies for on-premise and cloud-based accounts
- Assist with access, security reviews, and audits in accordance with regulatory and audit compliance.
- Identify potential IAM risks unique to each situation and help mitigate potential threats
- Create and maintain documentation, data flow diagrams, and gather requirements as needed
- Assist in the ongoing review of the Identity Access Management program, policies, and processes.
What You’ll Bring:Skills:
- Experience supporting security administration, operations, or security architecture.
- The ideal candidate has experience in technology and security administration across large organizational networks and cloud environments.
- Knowledge of local, cloud and hybrid Directory Service architectures
- Working knowledge of large IT organization operations
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical knowledge of AD, Azure and underlying technologies (Microsoft Windows servers)
- Technical knowledge of Identity and Access Management principles such as Privileged Access Management (PAM), Single Sign-On (SSO), Segregation of Duties (SOD), RBAC, Need to Know, Least Privilege etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with members across other functions (such as Infrastructure, Cloud, Data etc.) to solve problems.
- Track risks assigned to members within other functions (such as Infrastructure, Cloud, Data etc.)
- Work with team members to solve problems, play an active role in fostering an open and collaborative team dynamic.
- Organize, prioritize and track project activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) at all levels in the organization.
- A minimum of 7 years of security related experience within various information security functions (AD IAM, PAM, MITRE ATT&CK, Resilience etc.)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in managing projects and teams
- Experience in Data Protection, Third-party Risk Management and Resilience (Preferred)
- Hands-on Experience in PAM tools (such as Delinea) and IAM tools (Preferred)
- Prior experience in working in Consumer or Food & Beverage Industry (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Engineering or Computer Science (Preferred) Collaboratively with members across other functions (such as Infrastructure, Cloud, Data etc.) to solve problems
- Track risks assigned to members within other functions (such as Infrastructure, Cloud, Data etc.)
- Professional certifications in Information Security such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CC or equivalent (Preferred)
- Professional Microsoft certification on AD (preferred)
- Professional certifications for industry leading IAM and / or PAM tools (preferred)
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.