Security Engineer, Cryptographic Platforms
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1K5L1
Category : Computer Security Specialists
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 191630
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Platforms Operations, Cryptographic Services team is one of founding pillars under Cryptography team with the mission of safeguarding the bank's Critical Information Assets. The team has a primary responsibility of research, development and operations of cryptographic platform toolsets. The team is purposefully formulated with the correct expertise to align with IT&S Strategic goals. Strong investments have been focused on automation and research into industry-leading cryptographic tools to meet Technology Enabler initiatives such as Improving Productivity and Modernizing to Win.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cryptographic Platforms, the Security Engineer:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Champions a Security-First environment by educating, staying up to date on security trends, and advising on security best practices.
- Supports a dynamic team of FTE’s/contractors to deliver Cryptographic solutions and services across the enterprise by partnering with internal and external stakeholders. Ensures appropriate communication and stakeholder management is undertaken.
- Lead and support security initiatives across the enterprise.
- Collaborate, consult, and advise internal teams to deliver security solutions aligned with business needs and enterprise requirements.
- Support Cryptographic Platforms changes, pager calls, integrations, and currency.
- Develop, build, and maintain cryptographic platforms. Identify opportunities and develop/implement features, tools and processes for modernization and efficiency.
- Respond to incidents and support timely resolution. Support troubleshooting, solutioning, and root cause analysis.
- Develop roadmaps, strategies, and tactical plans to improve the security posture of the bank.
- Relevant tasks including: incident response and escalations related to cryptographic services; obsolescence planning; service ownership.
- Deliver Cryptographic solutions across data centers, servers, applications, cloud environments while providing oversight and governance.
- Advise senior management on strategies, development estimations, prioritizations, and key risks associated with product ideas and opportunities.
Is this role right for you?
You will be part of a dynamic team responsible for implementing and supporting leading edge Crypto technology and solutions within Scotiabank.
You are a candidate who is passionate about cryptographic artifact management and Information Security.
You have a strong passion for continuous learning and development.
You are experienced in building large scale enterprise software with strong knowledge in Key and certificate management, DevSecOps, Azure and Google cloud platforms.
You will have an opportunity to grow and influence.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
IT standards, methodologies, key management regulations, and audit requirements
CISSP accreditation or equivalent or willingness to obtain.
3-5 years of development experience with strong knowledge in implementation (installation, configuration, integration) and enterprise grade application development
Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms including cloud suite and services experience (ie. Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Puppet, Chef and Terraform)
Familiarity with web services patterns/architectures, e.g. REST, SOAP, etc.
Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively
Experience with infrastructure and application automation security implementation using SSO, SAML, IDM, OAUTH, Hashicorp
Experience using Jenkins, Git workflow, JIRA, Confluence and CI/CD tools
Experience in HTML, CSS, JSON, C#, BeanShell
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.