Security & Compliance Consultant
City : Toronto
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Payment Center (IPC) is the premier payments consulting organization within IBM.
The Compliance Consultant ensures IPC compliance with the regulations of the market that concerns them as well as with all internal operating procedures/policies, related to security.
The Compliance Consultant is a key role at IPC given the extreme sensitivity of the market covered: Payments and more generally Financial Services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Compliance Consultant you will work with a multi-disciplinary team helping IPC stakeholders, banks and other financial institutions meet the overall compliance requirements in the following way.
- Develops a security governance and policy framework based upon industry leading practices & IBM Best practices to manage cyber risk for IPC’s Payments
- Manage day-to-day compliance activities for the IPC
- Align IPC practices to IBM Security & Compliance regime
- Periodically conducts risk assessments and tests data processing systems
- Participates in the analysis, architecture, design and planning related to information security in our software packages.
- Ensures the consistency, quality, reliability and integrity of Cyber Security strategies, standards, governance framework, and policies and provides leadership, expert advice, and guidance on identifying and effectively managing security threats and trends and their potential impact on IBM’s operations
The role can be performed from Ontario
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Professional with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience including a position in a financial institution(s), consulting agency
- Technical expertise and experience in compliance, risk management, corporate governance, accounting, or legal or regulatory issues, finance, lending, trading and/or other financial services skills
- Risk analysis of proposed and existing IBM processes as related to information security and protection and incident management. Examination of internal and external threats to IBM to aid management in determining what, if any, additional security measures are warranted for the organization.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in laws and regulations applicable to financial services organizations and products.
- Certified or working towards Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other Security Management Certifications (ISSMP; CRISC; CISM; etc) would be an asset
- Good understanding or proficiency in information security and compliance regulations (SIP, SOC, PCI, SOX, GDRP, etc.)
- Good knowledge or understanding of Information Security regulations, frameworks and leading practices (such as NIST, ISO, COBIT, SANS, etc.)
- Strong technical skills in supporting IAM applications in Windows, Mac OS X & Linux environments
- Clear credit check is required for this role
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.