City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1K5L1
Category : Computer Security Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 171142
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Security Architect, you will support development of long-term cyber security strategies and roadmaps, using architecture methodologies and security frameworks. In addition, you will participate in the development of the bank’s security architecture and broader enterprise architecture efforts.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Support development of guidance to Enterprise Architecture and Information Security teams by clearly articulating strategic security architecture plans and their respective value.
- Support development of security vision and strategy on security architectures of security applications, programs, and initiatives.
- Maintain Information Security patterns, frameworks and standards that align with Scotiabank’s (BNS) Enterprise Architecture directives and industry best practices, meet business needs and SLA requirements, and are deployable globally at scale.
- Be responsible for establishing, implementation and ongoing development of a robust security architecture process that ensures a current view of all IS&C security capabilities are available and can inform development of a target state architecture that adheres to BNS security standards and best practices.
- Interface routinely with technology peers in financial services and other industry sectors to learn about good practices and gain insight into industry trends and experiences.
- Support development of conceptual and logical security architectures for security capabilities in areas of Cloud Security, Application Security, Data Security, Endpoint Security etc.
Do you have the skills?
- Strong collaboration skills. Excellent oral and written communication, ability to present confidently to executives, attention to detail and strong planning and management ability.
- Drive efficient and effective decision-making
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following areas: application, data, endpoint, security analytics/monitoring, or cloud security
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, one or more formal Enterprise Architecture methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams in a highly complex and matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience in delivering blueprints, specifications, models, and guidelines
- English fluency required, Spanish ability a plus.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.