Seasonal Plant Worker, Truro
City : Truro
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
SEASONAL PLANT WORKER
Work location - Truro, NS
Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 8 manufacturing/retail locations serving Atlantic Canada. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Reporting to the Plant Supervisor, the successful candidate will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
The position duration is of 7 to 8 weeks, staring in early April.
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs (25kgs)
- Availability to work extended hours, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Forklift experience would be considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude and experience working in manufacturing or farm/fertilizer operations would be considered an asset
- Maintain warehouse and production area
- Work in production line using designated equipment as directed
- Prepare raw material for mixing process
- All other related duties as assigned
Submitting your application online
Sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring your resume to the branch at 38 Wade Road, Truro, B2N 6S9
* Please note: Offer will be contingent on a clean criminal background check and drug screen.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Agri Services is committed to equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.