(seasonal) Field Breeding Research Assistant – Carman, MB
City : Carman
Category : Job Starter
Industry : Crop Science
Employer : Bayer
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
(seasonal) Field Breeding Research Assistant - Carman, MB
The primary responsibilities of this role, Research Assistant, are to support the activities of the on-site Agronomic Research Specialist(s).
This position is located in Carman, MB and the term of the position is 8 months from April through December 2023.
What you will do:
- Assist in all aspects of field nursery seed productions including preparation of trials for planting, field plot maintenance, data collection and harvesting
- Assist in field trial seed processing activities including shipping/receiving, treating, printing, packaging, sorting and verification
- Supervision of temporary contract employees performing field and seed processing operations
- Actively participate in the site safety and quality management programs
Who you are:
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- Familiarity with field research methodologies
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Flexibility to work OT if needed during planting, spraying and harvest seasons
- Knowledge of crop production, farming practices, and farm equipment operation and repair
- Valid driver’s license
- Completion or pursuit of an agriculture-related diploma, degree or MSc considered an asset
- Previous plot research and/or seed processing experience
- Provincial pesticide applicators license or ability to obtain one
This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards package
- Collaborative, diverse and inclusive culture
Bayer is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of Inclusion and Diversity. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences and believe that our people are our most valuable asset. The collective sum of individual life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities that our employees invest in their work represents our culture, reputation, and Bayer’s values and purpose.
Learn more about our values and purpose at: https://www.bayer.com/en/ca/canada-our-purpose-values
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.