Seasonal Farm Truck Driver
City : Amherst
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
SEASONAL FARM TRUCK DRIVER
Work Location - 1030 Greeno Road, Chapman Settlement, NS
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have two state-of-the-art potato processing plants in PEI, another in Jamestown, ND and Lethbridge, Alberta and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, ON. Our Head office is in Dieppe, NB and sales office locations are in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Farm Truck Driver will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Cavendish Farms is looking for Farm Truck Driver for a period of 4 weeks. Expected start date is September 18th, 2023. The exact start date and period of work will be dependent on weather and business needs.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must have valid Class 3 driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Availability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- High degree of attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- No previous farm experience required
- Drive truck to deliver potatoes from field to storage location
- Ensure assigned truck is in safe working order
- All other duties as assigned
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please apply:
- Attend our Hiring Day BBQ!
- Offers on the spot!
- When: August 31st from 2pm - 6pm
- Where: Truemanville Fire Hall (2389 HWY 6, Truemanville, NS)
- online at www.jdirving.com/careers
- email your resume to email@example.com
- in-person at 1030 Greeno Road, Chapman Settlement, NS B0L 1E0
If applying in person, please bring any two pieces of the following ID with you: driver’s license, passport, birth certificate, etc. One should be with a picture.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
*Please Note: A clean criminal background check, and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.