Seasonal Air Tractor 802 Application Pilot
City : Juniper
Category : Transportation Services
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
Seasonal Air Tractor 802 Application Pilot
At J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) our role as stewards of the land is one of the most important that we play. Our business begins with managing and protecting the forest. We are dedicated to sustainable forest management, research, conservation, and protecting our forests from fire and insect outbreaks. Focused on rigorous land management and responsible stewardship, JDI Woodlands is guided by a 100-year management plan that preserves the environmental and ecological integrity of our land, air, water, and wildlife. We are committed to applying disciplined science, advanced technology and best practices while ensuring accountability through independent audits and environmental certification.
Forest Patrol Limited is subsidiary of JDI Woodlands, responsible for aerial applications and aerial fire suppression. Forest Patrol Limited operates four, new Air Tractor 802s, one Quest Kodiak, and two Bell 407 helicopters. We are constantly updating our equipment, have the latest technology and practices, and support continued learning and recurrent training for our pilots. We are seeking an experienced AT-802 Application Pilot who wants to join a family-owned business and a team of dedicated pilots.
The ideal candidate will be seeking a long-term, full-time, seasonal employment opportunity. The scope of work includes aerial application (insecticide and herbicide) and firefighting operations. Our season begins in mid-April and runs through to early October, normally providing 120 working days in the contract season.
Our schedule follows a rotation of 15 days on, 6 days off. Pilots stay in modern camps at our airbase in Juniper, New Brunswick during their rotation, and travel home for days off. Lodging and meals are included while staying onsite. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package which is paid biweekly in the form of a base salary, with additional year-end bonuses for flight time ($100/hour) and application quality ($2/hectare). Pilots can expect to fly between 60 and 100 hours per season, depending on fire indices and program size.
- Canadian commercial pilot license with valid medical
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Minimum 1000 hours total flying time as Pilot in Command
- Prior tailwheel experience required
- Prior experience flying Air Tractors is an asset
- Operational experience with aerial forest fighting and/or aerial spray is an asset
- Valid Passport for entry in the U.S.
- Flexibility to work in a team in an onsite airbase and camp environment.
- Operational flying during day VFR conditions, throughout Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Maine
- Operate the aircraft safely, within the CARs and company procedures
- Carry out daily inspections of the aircraft and ancillary equipment
- Maintain a state of operational readiness commensurate with wildfire risk
- Assist AME with general aircraft readiness
- Live at our main airbase and company camp at 251 Southwest Road, Juniper, New Brunswick, E7L 4S7 while on-shift
- Temporary assignments to other company airbases and camps (or hotels) in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, or Maine will be made as required to carry-out fire protection, pesticide application programs, and/or training exercises. These locations are normally Boston Brook airbase and camp, Chipman airbase and camp, or St. John airport and hotel (New Brunswick), but can change as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Professional and adaptable to a fast and flexible work environment
- Ideally looking for a long-term career opportunity
- Always operating in a safe and environmentally conscientious manner.
Pay Scale: $450 to $600 per day, commensurate with experience.
· Competitive health/drug/dental program after 1-month of service
· 5% RRSP matching by employer after 1-month of service
· Access to various employee insurance and health support programs
Ms. Alison Peach, Human Resources Business Partner for Forest Patrol Ltd.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.