Scrum Master / Project Manager
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
RAMPP (Risk, Analytics, Modelling, Pricing and Processing) Team is undertaking multiple initiatives; to not only transform Front Office Risk and Analytics and Capital platforms, but to change the way we create and deliver software internally. The role will expect not only excellent communication skills, but for the candidate to be an advocate in the push towards better agile practices. In this role you will be part of a large and global team, and able to tap into a very diverse skill set – but also expected to contribute to that ever evolving culture of teamwork and excellence. The expectation for this role isn’t simply to enable the team to deliver software, but to help develop a culture centered on transparency, teamwork, and positive growth.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
· Work within a large, global team of Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Developers in the design and build of a next generation valuation and risk infrastructure for RBC Capital Markets, Equity Derivatives
· Coach the development team in self-organization
· Develop cross-functional relationships in order to remove obstacles that are blocking developers’ progress
· Facilitate scrum events
· Keep the organization, particularly the program’s stakeholders, up to date on the progress of the scrum team’s projects through governance and reporting
· Coach the department on the transition to a working agile framework
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
· Experience in Capital Markets and knowledge of related financial products (derivatives preferred)
· 5+ years’ Project Management, Scrum Master, IT Consulting, or Management Consulting experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to deal with challenging stakeholders
· Passion for driving positive change within a team
· Experience driving technology and large-scale software delivery
· Deadline-driven, detailed and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high quality standards while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously
· Undergraduate degree or higher
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
· A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
· Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
· Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
· Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
· A world-class training program in financial services
· Flexible work/life balance options
· Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.