City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : IT Project Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 102407
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Scrum Master is responsible for driving team effectiveness by identifying and removing impediments, supporting the team, and encouraging practices in accordance with agile principles.
The Scrum Master is empowered to introduce better ways to drive team productivity. Guide the team by embodying agile values, facilitating ceremonies and supporting a culture of continuous improvement and shared practices. The incumbent will actively participate in developing and maintaining a high performing, self-organizing team.
Is this role right for you?
- As a Scrum Master you will ensure the team enacts the agile principles, values and framework
- Provide support to teams using a servant leadership style
- Coach the development team and help lead and insure the “agile mindset” is fully adopted and understood
- Inculcate core agile values of focus, commitment, respect, openness and courage into the team’s ground rules through leading by example.
- Apply techniques for effective workflow visualization and management (e.g. Kanban or Scrum Boards)
- Identify, manage, and help mitigate issues and risks, with particular emphasis on timely removal of impediments for the team and/or directing obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution
- Works with PO to ensure proper lightweight documentation (captured in artifacts such as program vision statement, program backlog, program roadmap, release plan, sprint backlog, and increments) is prioritized and added to the team’s backlog of work
- Develop strong partnership with the Product Owner to gain strong understanding of objectives, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently
- Contribute to building organizational capability and expertise on agile adoption
- Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the development team (Stakeholders, Executives), acting as a champion of the agile methodology
- Partner with Agile Coach and other agile teams to share findings, best practices, and resources to help mature the organization’s agility
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 7-9 years of IT experience
- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience in a recent project/initiative within a true agile environment.
- Experience coordinating and/or leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major organizational projects, preferably in an agile work environment
- Prior Project Management experience is nice to have
- Nice to have: Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- KMP I (Kanban Systems Design) certification – Nice to have
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank’s Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.