ScotiaMcLeod – Wealth Management Internship/Co-Op – Winter 2023
City : London, ON, CA
Category : Internist, General
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185309
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
ScotiaMcLeod – Wealth Management Internship/Co-Op – Winter 2024
There's no better way to kickstart your career than to do a co-op or internship with ScotiaMcLeod!
As a cornerstone business with Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod is a full-service wealth management firm which has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisory teams pride themselves on working closely with clients, exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets and achieve their financial goals.
The ScotiaMcLeod Internship is designed to provide co-op undergraduates with exposure to various elements of the full-service wealth management business. Interns play an integral role in the team, working directly with an Advisor(s) and team members supporting business development activities, day-to-day administration and other special projects and initiatives as assigned. The successful candidate will develop a good understanding of the advisory industry as well as a broader view of Scotia Wealth Management.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Provide support at a high level to Advisor team(s) by:
- Processing client requests and opening new accounts in a timely and efficient manner
- Accurately and efficiently maintaining and documenting all required client files and information and required follow-up, escalating as necessary
- Liaising with various areas as required to remediate client issues
- Assisting with various presentations, communication materials, and client events as required
- Support to develop and strengthen prospecting relationships by:
- Creating, building, and maintaining prospect database and profiles
- Identifying new prospective relationships via client/partner referrals or lead lists
- Preparing or supporting in the preparation of marketing / presentation materials
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the Advisor, Branch and Regional teams by:
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Acquiring a detailed knowledge and understanding of policies, processes, products & services
- Participating in the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Supporting special projects or initiatives as assigned
- Participate in monthly sessions to learn and network across Scotia Wealth Management business lines
- Work collaboratively with business partners to move assigned deliverables forward
- Work on different initiatives and projects of the business as assigned
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if:
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education.
- You love to learn and envision yourself working for an international organization that heavily invests in your future.
- You have strong attention to detail and the ability to recognize risk.
- You have strong communication / interpersonal skills.
- You can adapt to a changing environment and duties, dependent on current situations and directives from management.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where idea generation is valued at all levels of the organization.
- You have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads to adhere to established service standards.
- You have experience in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint.
What's in it for you?
- Gain direct hands-on experience in the fast paced and exciting full-service wealth-management business.
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team.
- You will have the opportunity to network and relationship build
- Exclusive Wealth sessions to learn about the business
- Bank-wide orientation to learn more about Scotiabank and gain exposure to senior leadership across the organization.
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn about multiple teams across Scotia Wealth Management
How do I apply?
Please complete all three steps below:
1. Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
2. Complete a short one-way video interview here.
3. Apply to the role and when the application asks for your resume, instead upload the screenshot of your PLUM Profile.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : London || Canada : Ontario : Markham || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.