ScotiaMcLeod Senior Associate – Edmonton
City : Edmonton, AB, CA, T5J0K4
Category : Financial Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 182844
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
The Senior Associate’s primary purpose is to work closely with an Advisor in the management of the Advisor’s book of business by providing effective client service and execution of business development and/or sales related activities.
What You'll be Doing:
• Utilize in-depth knowledge of products and services to gain maximum value from existing clients
• Identify opportunities to gather additional assets and increase revenue
• Assist Advisor in development, preparation and presentation of business plans
• Adhere to all firm regulatory policies and remain up to date with regulatory rules
• Provide recommendations for improvements to business processes
• Maintain client files and information of the appropriate systems
• Enter and check daily trades and all system entries
• Respond to client inquiries
• Understand client profiles and the Advisor's investment strategy
• Build an effective working relationship across the team and with various business line contacts
• Active knowledge sharing to enhance the development of all team members
• Act as a mentor to junior colleagues and take a leadership role within the branch
Do you have the required skills to excel in the role? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
• At least two years of Financial Industry experience
• Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
• Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH)
• Wealth Management Essentials (WME) prior to enrolling in Registered Representative Training
• Registered Representative Training (RRT)
• Completed the Senior Associate (RR Only Licensing) Training Program and be granted regulatory approval to be licensed as a Registered Representative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of industry and firm compliance regulations
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Edmonton
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.