ScotiaMcLeod Business Development Associate – Vancouver
City : Vancouver, BC, CA, V6B4N9
Category : Financial Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177936
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
The Business Development Associate’s primary focus is to work with an advisor team, to assist in the growth of the team’s book of business by prospecting for and developing new client relationships.
1. Develop and strengthen prospecting relationships by:
• Liaising with existing prospects currently under development of the Advisor team.
• Building new relationships via client referrals, lead lists, cold calling, etc. to add to existing prospect list
• Developing and delivering business development campaigns and a regular contact program (calls, mail outs, seminar invitations, etc.)
• Tracking and reporting of prospect list and associated campaign(s)
• Arranging prospect/client meetings.
• Preparing regular updates for team (weekly or monthly as agreed upon)
• Co-ordinating client introduction and review meetings
2. Develop Client and Prospecting Materials by:
• Preparing or supporting in the preparation of marketing material such as brochures, direct mail initiatives, newsletters etc.
• Drafting and maintaining the Advisor team’s Value Proposition, Team Biographies and Service Commitment
3. Support Client and Prospect Events by:
• Creating and maintaining an annual marketing calendar of client and prospect events
• Co-ordinating all activities associated with hosting client or prospect events and seminars
• Creating, sending and tracking invitations and confirming attendance
• Securing the venue and co-ordinating the event at the host locations as required
• Preparing presentations and associated materials and hand-outs as needed
• Following-up after event with such items as booking meetings or sending out requested information
• Reporting on the various successes of such events. ie. attendance, leads, meetings booked etc.
4. Support Prospect Transition to Client by:
• Creating and maintaining client prospect profile in the Client Management System
• Preparing proposals and or service agreements
• Assisting Advisor in client prospect meetings as needed
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Extremely proactive, and demonstrates a high degree of perseverance
• Must work well independently and within a team setting
• Self-motivated; driven to exceed established goals
• Experience in a sales, relationship or account management role
• Marketing Experience preferred
• Industry Experience preferred
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS
• Post Secondary Education
• Some travel may be required, depending on location of client meetings and seminars.
• Seminars and client/prospect events are often held in the evening which can require a longer than usual working day.
• The branch is a fast paced often high stress environment often with conflicting demands.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.