ScotiaMcLeod Administrative Associate – Markham
City : Markham, ON, CA, L3R0B8
Category : Financial Specialist
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 191963
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
As an Administrative Associate you will be responsible for contributing to the overall success of one or more Wealth Advisors by ensuring a high level of client service achieved by effective administration and day-to-day trading of their business.
IS THIS ROLE RIGHT FOR YOU
In the role you will:
- Ensure effective client administration by managing all administrative processes and escalations requiring investigation
- Consistently demonstrate high levels of client service by:
- supporting the advisor in regular reviews of portfolios including entering client trades as directed by the client or Advisor and identifying client needs
- responding to client inquiries, resolving issues and effecting client transactions in a timely and responsive manner
- Provide marketing assistance by coordinating materials, events, and seminars to increase/identify opportunities to grow assets and/or revenue
- Support the growth of the business by managing tracking reports for Wealth Advisors to review targets, recommendations, and financial plans/concepts
- Build effective working relationships across various departmental and business line contacts by actively collaborating and sharing knowledge and experience
DO YOU HAVE THE SKILLS
We would love to work with you if you have:
- Experience in the securities industry
- Already duly registered as an Investment Representative (IR) with CIRO
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Exceptional client service skills
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- At ScotiaMcLeod we help employees build their futures – where they can be themselves, and win together. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a performance-oriented culture that includes coaching, learning, and development – there are endless possibilities. At ScotiaMcLeod– you can make an impact. You help make the futures of our 25 million customers happen. You can find your future here.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization where you are surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our clients.
- An inclusive working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity and celebrates success.
- Learning and Development – free access to Scotia Academy to upskill and develop your skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Markham
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.