ScotiaHelps Advisor – People with Disabilities
City : Ottawa, ON, CA, M3C2T2
Category : Bill and Account Collector
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174663
Cost Centre: NATIONAL COLLECTION CENTRE
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $1,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join an internationally recognized and award-winning bank? Then you are in the right place!
At Scotiabank, we seek to develop an inclusive workplace by recruiting, developing, and advancing people of all abilities. We promote an environment where every Scotiabanker has access to workplace resources and accommodations to reach their fullest potential. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a performance-oriented culture that includes coaching, learning, and development – there are endless possibilities.
We are looking to grow our team of ScotiaHelps Advisors. The ScotiaHelps Advisor, Front End is responsible for maximizing collection of overdue payments from customers while minimizing collection costs and loan losses on individually assigned accounts. This role conducts timely and effective collection follow-up on assigned loans in varying stages of arrears and, on accounts where a potential risk to the Bank is evident.
When you join our team, you will be welcomed into our Scotiabank family and have access to a large and growing people within the disability's community, where you will be able to connect, share, and learn with other employees. We have a variety of Employee Resource Groups to fit your lifestyle and background.
Training & Work Shift Details:
Must be available to attend training for a total for 6 weeks. The opportunity to attend the training virtually from home will be pending technology and hardware set up.
Work Schedules & Shifts:
We are seeking flexibility from candidates, as work schedules can be anytime within our hours of operation (M-F 8AM to 10PM EST and Saturday 8AM to 6PM EST. Regular, ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees approximately 4 weeks before the end of training.
Work From Home/Hybrid:
You are required to meet a variety of criteria, which includes but not limited to private workspace & completion of mandatory learnings - you will be offered complete training in an online work model. Working on-site is also a possibility for employees within driving distance to the Walkley and Wynford sites.
1- Customer Fulfillment/Experience - Ensure the delivery of customer service fosters overall customer and business line/department satisfaction by:
- Understanding the customers’ circumstances and matching appropriate solutions through sound knowledge of collection practices, policies and procedures;
- Addressing and resolving customer concerns, inquiries, issues or complaints on loan contracts in arrears;
- Escalating more serious situations/problems to the Team Lead or Manager, Front End Collections, as required for speedy and equitable resolution.
2- Business Plan Execution – Supports Bank’s business plans, and business objectives for the department by:
- Evaluating the client’s current financial situation and apply solid credit knowledge combined with creativity and ingenuity in the management of problem accounts while obtaining customer cooperation and protecting the Bank’s interests;
- Negotiating payment arrangements including offering Customer Assistant Programs to cure delinquency on accounts and assist customer’s during difficult times;
- Recommending or taking action to ensure past customer commitments have been met including resolving persistent payment problems;
- Makes sound decisions on accepting, rejecting, or offering amended payment terms
3- Operational Efficiencies and Compliance – Drive operational effectiveness activities and compliance by:
- Conducting timely and constructive collection activity by telephone, letter, text message, e-mail, or other appropriate means;
- Utilizing the collection system to facilitate communication within the department, among team members and/or referral of the account to the Team Lead or Manager, Front End Collections;
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the Bank and Customer information
4- Team Membership – Contribute to the effective functioning of the team by:
- Actively participate and contributing to coaching sessions, touch base and team meetings, while fostering a performance-oriented culture of open and honest communication;
- Acquiring and maintaining a good knowledge of the department functions, processes and operating procedures;
- Developing and executing a meaningful personal development plan.
- Customer service and/or sales experience
- Post-secondary education, with minimum 1 year of experience in the collection of delinquent or overdue accounts in the financial services industry or experience collecting on delinquent accounts is preferred but not required
- Retail working experience and bilingualism is considered an asset;
- Ability to deal effectively with Retail and/or customer inquiries, concerns or complaints and provide prompt and accurate resolution to complete satisfaction of all involved parties is an asset;
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet;
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s Retail products, services and operating/collections systems is an asset;
- An understanding of predictive dialer equipment and payment collection systems is an asset.
Candidates with disabilities will be provided with accommodation, upon request, at any stage of the recruitment life cycle, including the interview. We are not allowed to ask a candidate what their diagnosis or specific disability is.
However, a person may choose to self-identify as having a disability during the recruitment process. Keep in mind that our duty to accommodate applies to all candidates and employees throughout the employment lifecycle including the recruitment process.
For additional information and resources please visit our People with Disabilities Talent Program page: https://www.scotiabank.com/careers/en/careers/communities/persons-with-disabilities.html
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.