Scotia McLeod Investment Associate, Kanata
City : Kanata, ON, CA, K2K2M5
Category : Financial Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 140852
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
As an Investment Associate, your primary purpose is to work closely with an Advisor in the development and management of the Advisor's book of business by providing effective client service and contributing to business development and sales related activities.
Is this role for you? In this role you will:
Generate sales or revenue by:
- Identifying new business opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue
- Having targeted revenue levels for a segment of the book.
- Utilizing an in-depth knowledge of products and services to identify new opportunities within the existing client base
- Ensuring the suitability of client recommendations, and that they are in line with the clients’ financial goals, objectives and risk levels.
- Maintaining a good understanding of client profiles and that the Advisor’s investment strategy being used to implement client objectives
- Managing the execution of transactions on behalf of the Advisor
- Ensuring non-solicited trades meet the client risk tolerance
Ensure a high level of client service by:
- Preparing, analyzing, and presenting reports and recommendations to clients
- Developing financial plans, independently or with the Advisor.
- Working with the Advisor to develop and distribute client communication and marketing pieces
- Providing recommendations to Advisor for improvement of team business processes
- Working closely with Team of Experts
Coordination and execution of business development by:
- Assisting Advisor in development, preparation and presentation of annual business plan
- Managing marketing programs, including development, approvals and implementation
- Prospecting and follow up on leads
- Developing content and maintaining Advisor website
Contribute to the effective functioning of the branch team by:
- Acting as a leader to other assistants on the team and within the branch by providing direction and coaching
- Regularly reviewing practices to ensure administrative processes are streamlined and administrative tasks being completed and logged for tracking purposes
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
Do you have the skills required to be successful in the role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- 5 years of Industry Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of industry and firm compliance regulations
- In-depth industry knowledge
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH)
- Wealth Management Essentials (WME) prior to enrolling in Registered Representative Training
- Registered Representative Training (RRT)
- Relevant licensing as required by the Advisor’s business
- Completed Investment Associate Training Program (IATP)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Kanata || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.