Scotia iTrade, Investment Associate, Toronto/Montreal
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Financial Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 142490
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
Scotia iTRADE is a top Canadian brokerage committed to helping investors achieve their goals through exceptional service, unique educational tools and resources, and a personalized digital experience. Joining the Scotia iTrade Contact Centre means working in a fast-paced and rewarding environment, supporting our clients through inbound and outbound calls. Our focus on training and professional development will support you as you build your career with Scotiabank.
Scotiabank is committed to being the institution of choice in the financial sector, providing superior products and services and being a good corporate citizen to the benefit of our clients, shareholders, and employees. We are driven by our four core values: respect, integrity, passion, and accountability and we implement them into everything that we do.
As the Investment Associate, you are the primary point of contact for high net worth clients, making you an important ambassador for Scotia iTRADE. You will provide specialized knowledge regarding new accounts, transfers, trading, as well as our full range of product/service offerings. You will also be a proactive promoter of iTRADE’s client-focused culture by providing high quality customer service.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Assist high net worth client inquiries while delivering memorable service
- Use discretion and problem solving to own the client experience
- Contribute to optimal functionality by adhering to goals, policies, and procedures
- Provide personalized solutions by recognizing value add solutions consistently
- Facilitate a culture of passion, accountability, and collaboration by being an active member of your team
Do you have the requirements for the role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Successfully completed the following: Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct Practice Handbook (CPH) and Derivatives Funds and Options License (DFOL) licenses
- Have 1-2 years of prior work experience in a brokerage or Contact Centre
- Have a broad knowledge of investment products and the procedures related to securities settlement
- Are results-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with volumes dictated by market trends, client demands, and seasonal peaks
- Have impeccable written and verbal English to ensure cooperative working relationships with clients
- Are proficient with time-management and prioritization skills in order to ensure optimum service levels
- Have a positive attitude and excitement regarding learning new tasks and skills in order to keep up with changing environments/duties
- Post-secondary education in Commerce/Business, or Financial Planning is preferred
- Banking knowledge and/or experience is an asset
- Fluent in other languages (i.e. Cantonese, Mandarin, or French) is considered an asset
We value employee training and development. Our 4 week training program will run Monday-Friday from 9 am - 5 pm to support your success in the role.
The Scotia iTRADE Contact Centre is open 8 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of a contact centre environment, flexibility to work evening shifts is required.
This role can be located in either Toronto or Montreal
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.