Scotia iTrade Customer Service Representative, Bilingual (English/French) – Toronto/Montreal
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 135814
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Customer Service Representative, you are the primary point of contact for our clients. As an ambassador for Scotia iTRADE, you will assist our clients with inquiries around new accounts, transfers, trading, and products and services, and be a proactive promoter of iTRADE’s client-focused culture by providing exceptional customer service.
Is this the right role for you? In this role you will:
• Assist with client inquiries while delivering memorable service
• Use discretion and problem solving to own the client experience
• Provide personalized solutions by recognizing value add solutions
• Facilitate a culture of passion, accountability, and collaboration by being an active member of your team
Do you have the requirements to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
• Fluency in both English and French
• A broad knowledge of investment products and procedures relating to securities settlement
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with volumes dictated by market trends, client demands, and seasonal peaks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to utilize time-management and prioritization skills
• A positive attitude and excitement regarding learning new tasks and skills in order to keep up with changing environments/duties
While not essential, it would be an asset if you have:
• Completed the Canadian Securities (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH)
• Completed a post-secondary education in Commerce/Business, or Financial Planning
• Prior work experience in a brokerage or Contact Centre
• Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry
What's in it for you?
• Competitive pay
• The opportunity to gain valuable industry knowledge and expeirence
• The opportunity to advance your career through other roles within Wealth Management and Scotiabank
• A workplace culture built around inclusion, diversity, and potential
• The opportunity to participate in a customized and comprehensive training program
We value employee training and development. We provide comprehensive training for all successful candidates.
Training takes place Monday-Friday from 9am – 5pm and includes a 4-week onboarding training for all hires and an additional 7 week training for successful individuals who require support to complete their licensing (CSC, CPH) courses.
The Scotia iTRADE Contact Centre is open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of a contact centre environment, flexibility to work evening shifts is required.
Why Scotia iTRADE?
Scotia iTRADE is a top Canadian brokerage committed to helping investors achieve their goals through exceptional service, unique educational tools and resources, and a personalized digital experience. Joining our Contact Centre means working in a fast-paced and rewarding environment, supporting our clients through inbound and outbound calls. Our focus on training and professional development will support you as you build your career with Scotiabank.
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive, diverse, and accepting environment for all employees. Diverse backgrounds and experiences are what make us better as a whole. If you need specific accommodations during the hiring process let us know and we will work with you.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.