SAP Supply Chain Management Lead
City : Edmonton
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio, including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in groundbreaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
*NOTE: Can work out of any province in Canada*
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Consultant you will serve as a client-facing practitioner who sells, leads and implements expert services utilizing the breadth of IBM's offerings and technologies. A successful Consultant is regarded by clients as a trusted business advisor who collaborates to provide innovative solutions used to solve the most challenging business problems.
You will work on projects that help clients integrate strategy, process, technology, and information to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit and shareholder value. You can take advantage of opportunities to master new skills, work across different disciplines, move into new challenges and develop a robust understanding of different industries.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- As the provider of business outsourcing services across a range of industries, IBM’s Global Process Services creates quality business solutions for some of the world’s largest companies. IBM is currently seeking expertise of an SAP SCM Lead which will be leading cross-functional strategic logistics project teams.
- The candidate must have deep SAP SCM, SD, MM, EWM functional skills with related practical experience. Strong understanding of integration of SCM and ECC with their applicable interfaces and queue functionality. Experienced with data mapping, supply chain optimization and integration with PM and TM modules as required. Understanding of S/4 HANA and Simple logistics will be a benefit.
- Identify the product gap and make solution recommendations and implement with SAP.
- Travel requirement for consultant to client site in Canada during explore phase to conduct workshops and later in other phases as need arises.
- Prepare the process document and interface points (work with cross team for integration points)
- Testing experience - Define and own test scenarios, test scripting, test execution, map the business requirement against the test cases and support to UAT.
- Define IT / business cutover task and work with SAP Supply Chain for execution.
- Lead, upskill, guide junior resources.
- Understanding of the share service team during different phases of the project.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Assesses customer needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advice on options.
- Ensure consistency of SAP SCM processes across all business units to maintain consistency of the model and properly manage the evolution of the model.
- Lead business process workshops in logistics/material management, and production planning areas to design processes.
- Document business requirements; functional description and program specifications of the business solution.
- Build and test system solutions, including creating formal test plans, test data and using a formal testing tool to log results.
- Technical development experience in implementation, enhancement of SAP SCM application.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven ability working in a highly process driven environment.
- Possess excellent high level written and verbal communication and presentation skills and
- Strong customer service mentality in a Corporate Environment
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with SAP SCM
- Minimum of 2+ full life cycle implementations of SAP SCM
- 3+ years of SAP MM configuration experience required.
- SAP TM integration experience
This role can be performed from Ontario, Alberta, Quebec, and Manitoba.
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.