SAP S4/HANA Techno-Functional Configurator: FI & Group Reporting
City : Calgary
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Corporate Applications Services (CAS) IT team is looking for an SAP S4/HANA FICO Techno-Functional Configurator with strong analytical skills and expertise in Finance modules (GL/AP/FA) configuration and exposure to SAP S4/HANA Group Reporting to take part in the SAP implementation project and become a member of the SAP COE (Centre of Excellence) support organization going forward.
The role will work with business analysts, designers, architects, techno-functional configurators, developers, business partners and project management to understand the requirements, and design reporting solutions that meet the business needs.
Within the operations support component of the role, you will be responding to service requests, day-to-day problem solving, technical implementations, coordinate activities and work together with the team members and vendors to maintain, enhance and customize the supported systems and components
What will you do?
- Responsible for quality delivery of solution implementation & deployment analysis and study of functional/technical feasibility of user requirements in SAP S/4 FI and Group Reporting areas;
- Configuration of FI modules including but not limited to General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets
- Work on change requests as well as defect fixes across the FICO, Group Reporting and integration modules
- Based on user requirements, and inputs from the Business Analysts, develop functional and technical specifications for SAP solutions and work on front end tools
- Perform Functional, Unit, Regression testing
- Work collaboratively with the Testing Centre of Excellence to ensure that the developed solution functions correctly
- Assist with development of security roles and profiles
- Prepare Training materials and provide training
- Provide estimates and contribute to defining timelines and project plans
- Work with project management to document and communicate risks and issues.
- Ensure alignment to Sun Life SDLC and internal standards and compliance
- Transition projects and enhancements to Operations
- Perform root cause analysis on persistent or major software & application related problems
- Provide end-user support especially during Quarter End and Month End close
- Operations Support: technical configuration, problem analysis, resolution, escalation and reporting
- Collaborate closely with our internal teams (e.g. data architects, designers, business to business, business intelligence/reporting, server management, etc.) to deliver solutions for business needs.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- 7+ years of experience as a functional configurator/consultant in SAP FI (GL, AP, FA)
- Exposure to SAP Group Reporting
- At least 3 years of S/4 HANA FI experience.
- Strong business knowledge in accounting, controlling, planning or general Finance.
- Strong understanding of the S/4 HANA Finance solution and master data concepts.
- Experience in working with interfaces with SAP (both SAP and non-SAP environments)
- Proven ability to provide technical direction for complex SAP S/4 finance system issues
- Experience with SDLC methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
- Experience working with application vendors and building solutions involving integrating vendor applications into existing environment.
- Experience with creating effective design documentation and diagrams
Nice to have
- SAP Certification: Application Associate (SAP S/4 HANA for Financial Accounting)
- Integration experience with other SAP systems (BW/4 HANA, Ariba, Concur)
- SAP MM module implementation for integration with Ariba
- ABAP/CDS code understanding with an ability to go into the existing code to figure out how objects need to be enhanced.
- Experience working with geographically distributed and 3rd party teams
- Finance designation (CGA, CMA)
- IFRS17 regulatory requirements knowledge
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours as part of a global team
- Occasional weekend work in support of project delivery and implementations
- Occasional travel may be required depending on work assignments
What’s in it for you?
Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US.
Named 2021 “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work - 2021
Flexible hybrid work model including in-country work-from-home if you prefer.
Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
Work and professional development that is united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
A friendly, collaborative, and inclusive culture
Be part of our continuous improvement journey in developing the next greatest digital enterprise experience.
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:80,000/80 000 - 130,400/130 400
Job Category:IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:02/03/2023