SAP Financial Contract Accounting Consultant
City : Calgary
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
A career in Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a SAP Consultant you will serve as a client-facing practitioner who sells, leads and implements expert services utilizing the breadth of IBM's offerings and technologies. A successful SAP Consultant is regarded by clients as a trusted business advisor who collaborates to provide innovative solutions used to solve the most challenging business problems.
You will work on projects that help clients integrate strategy, process, technology, and information to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit and shareholder value. You can take advantage of opportunities to master new skills, work across different disciplines, move into new challenges and develop a robust understanding of different industries.
The successful candidate will have at least 4-6 years’ experience in SAP FI-CA. Having the ability to demonstrate a depth of understanding and skills in configuration is essential. You will have participated in at least 2 successful end-to-end implementations.
- Participate in project implementations, upgrades, support, and specific business initiatives.
- Your consulting expertise, hands on approach and a team-oriented approach will drive successful implementations and initiatives.
- The ability to effectively work as a team member, team leader or to work independently and communicate with business and your team members is essential.
- Work with customers, end users and development partners to define and assess application and technical requirements and understand the current state of technology to define opportunities that create business value.
- Work with architects, developers, project managers and business personnel to define the application and technical architecture structure to ensure that the products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have SAP FI-CA implementation experience with a good understanding of SAP Billing Revenue Innovation Management (BRIM).
- Thorough understanding of BRIM processes.
- Minimum 4 years of experience implementing SAP FI-CA.
- Strong SAP FI-CA knowledge and experience as well as integration experience with other SAP logistics modules, particularly SAP CI, SAP CC and SAP SOM.
- At least 2 full lifecycle implementations.
- Specific knowledge of SAP Financial Contract Accounting solution including Master Data setup, FICA subledger and Incoming & Outgoing Payments design and configuration.
- Strong experience supporting key business processes around receivables management, payments, refunds, dunning and collections, interest calculations, write-off, GL integration etc.
- Good exposure to SOAPUI interfaces
- Ability to help clients solve problems that deal with business strategies, information requirements, process, organization, and technology.
- Adept at designing and implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients as part of a high-talent team.
- Strong configuration and design skills
- Experience with all phases of implementation including requirement gathering, detailed design, configuration, testing, and support.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams in agile, waterfall, or hybrid methodologies.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to debug SAP code.
- Ability to create presentation/workshop decks that need to be conveyed and be able to present them at various forums.
- Ability to create/update Process Flows for the proposed business processes.
- Ability to create/update Process Definition Document (PDD), Functional Documents (FS) and Run Books for the solutions provided.
About Business UnitConsulting is ’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMis committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.