SAP FICO Consultant
City : Halifax
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
You have a solid business background in your field, hands-on experience in consulting, and SAP R/3 implementation experience in the areas of FI and CO. Working in this core area of our business you will be instrumental in helping us to continue to be recognized as the premiere SAP implementer in Canada.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting Fit/Gap analysis and business /process modeling
- Gathering requirements from functional business owners
- Assessing the business and application requirements
- Designing robust business processes considering accepted industry practices
- Configuring and testing the software
- Driving the development of functional and systems specifications
- Writing and maintaining necessary documentation
- Actively performing knowledge transfer to client team members
- Communicate and work with people of all levels in a team environment
- Provide support to deployment as necessary
- Experience working in financial accounting, management accounting and / or financial performance management
- Strong leadership qualifications and experience
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; confident and credible working with VP level clients (senior positions).
- Manage and lead the on-site and off-site Finance Support Teams (4 resources) and Finance Project Teams (3 resources)
- Provide status updates on operational activities, incidents, service requests and minor enhancements
- Monitor and manage team activities and provide action plans
- Perform problem management tasks and communicate escalation procedures
- Create a sense of community among peers
- Understand the existing skill set versus the client's requirements and develop a training strategy
- Assist team members with highly complex and diversified issues
- Apply best practices and propose world class solutions to improve customer satisfaction and enhance overall delivery quality
- Harvest reusable assets
- Contribute to the incremental revenue by identifying additional opportunities and assisting in proposal development
- Strong Financial configuration skills in SAP versions 4.6C and above. Preferred applicants will be certified in version 4.6c or above
- Experience with the integration points between FICO and other modules
- Knowledge of "best practices" built into the SAP software
- Knowledge of SOX compliance parameters would be an asset
- Experience using the ASAP implementation methodology
- Knowledge in Inventory Costing
- Knowledge in Treasury Consultant
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 years SAP implementation project experience with FI and/or CO
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5 years SAP implementation project experience with FI and/or CO
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.