City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2C 4X9
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Application Developer/Software Developer position is responsible for the development and maintenance of SAP Applications according to project requirements and user expectations.
- Participate in the ABAP and FIORI Development and Support of SAP Modules.
- Develop Code in ABAP, ABAP OO, NWGW.
- Review, analyze, and modify application systems, including coding, testing, debugging.
- Perform technical unit tests on standard and developed objects.
- Ensure the operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of custom-built functionality and interfaces for SAP Applications and work with other developers in this area.
- Maintain records for the documentation of systems development and revisions.
- Participate in the technical change management process.
- Create technical documentation conforming to company standards.
- Participate in an on-call support rotation to support 24x7 operations.
- Participate in daily production checks and operations process required for ensuring any incidents are avoided or detected in time on SAP applications.
- Lead troubleshooting of incidents or defects that arise in SAP applications and ensure a timely resolution. Ensure that all stakeholders are updated on progress as well.
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations, and designing and implementing systems
- Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs.
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant
- Degree in IT, Computer Engineering, ECE, Computer Science etc.
- SAP implementation experience of a full project lifecycle
- Experience in SAP UI5/ Open UI5
- Extensive experience ABAP development in RICEFW objects
- Extensive experience in Debugging, Runtime Analysis and System monitoring
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in SAP transportation Management Technical
- Experience in Eclipse-based ABAP Development Tools (ADT)
- Experience in BOPF
- Experience in HANA Enterprise Suite
- Experience in SAP performance tuning or data archiving
- SAP ABAP/SAP UI5 or other SAP Technical Certification
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
- Flexible Work Environment
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
With Job Requisition Fields
- Req ID: 101000
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel:
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 4
- Job Available to: Internal & External