SAP Data Consultant
City : Calgary
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a SAP Consultant you will serve as a client-facing practitioner who sells, leads and implements expert services utilizing the breadth of IBM's offerings and technologies. A successful SAP Consultant is regarded by clients as a trusted business advisor who collaborates to provide innovative solutions used to solve the most challenging business problems.
You will work on projects that help clients integrate strategy, process, technology, and information to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit and shareholder value. You can take advantage of opportunities to master new skills, work across different disciplines, move into new challenges and develop a robust understanding of different industries.
The Data Consultant / Tool specialist is responsible for successful delivery of Data Management solutions to perform ECTL( Extract, Cleanse, Transform and loads) data from legacy (both NON-SAP and SAP) systems to on-premise or cloud applications such as SAP S4 HANA, ARIBA, SAP MDG, SAP ECC, Workforce Time and Attendance and SuccessFactors.
This opportunity is for an individual with deep experience with Master Data Management solutions and passionate to embark exciting data journey to enable business transformation /optimization initiatives for NA clients.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Define Data strategies, Data plan to perform data management activities (extract, cleanse, transform and load process) from legacy sources systems (Non-SAP or SAP) to Target systems (SAP, S/4 HANA, ARIBA, Workforce Time and Attendance, SuccessFactors).
- Led data definitions, development, data quality improvements, data model, troubleshoot issues and collaborating with cross functional teams comprised of client groups, project teams and IT organizations.
- Leading team members in successful design and delivery of Data Management solutions with an emphasis on quality, consistency.
- Architect MDM solution and hands-on experience to identify, analysis of data issues with in-depth, evaluation of identify root cause and propose alternate options to solve complex business problems,
- Collaborate with data owners, data Stewards to implement effective data management processes to drive key business decisions.
- Working closely with Functional leads / business SMEs to ensure changes are appropriately synchronized with the metadata strategy and logical data model.
- Leading technical aspects of the delivery of Data or SAP EIM (Enterprise Information Management) solution components, working across business technology teams to ensure alignment between business solution definition systems architecture for the organization.
- Collaborate with extended team members to resolve data issues
- Manage project specific data activities and proactively address them to meet project timelines and schedule.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2 or more full project life cycle implementation of end-to-end data management solutions (ECTL- Extract, Cleanse, Transform and Load) to integrate legacy systems (SAP and Non-SAP) with one or more Target systems (SAP, S/4 HANA, ARIBA, Workforce Time and Attendance, SuccessFactors).
- 5 to 10 Years of experience with at least one or more SAP Data Management tools (Data Services, Information Steward, SAP MDG) or other leading Data Management ETL Solutions (SQL SSIS, IBM InfoSphere, e-Hub, Informatica, Syniti ADM, SNP etc.,)
- Experience working with Master Data objects and deep understanding of the integration with S4 HANA (RTR, OTC, STP, PTP, eWM etc., ), HRIS systems SuccessFactors HCM, Workforce functions are required.
- Experience with standard SAP loading methods like LSMW, LTMC, Migration cockpit, Emigall.
- Strong consulting skills paired with strong technical skills to convey the value of an Master Data Management/Governance solution to the client and present pros and cons, challenges and propose recommendations etc.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with data quality, data profiling and metadata management, data structure classifications and workflow and processes
- Strong configuration skills of Master Data Management/Governance solution solutions with Global or complex project experience
- Strong experience with Implementation methodologies – experience in the Agile / Activate methodology
- Experience in leading teams in the delivery of data migration in a challenging project environment
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multi-task within a dynamic workplace
- Thorough experience and knowledge of consulting practices and techniques
- A comprehensive understanding of Master Data Management / Governance processes and their integration and impact to drive business processes.
- The ability to develop strong relationships with clients
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to deliver results with an aggressive timeline
- Effective coaching and knowledge transfer skills – the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- over 10 Years of experience with at least one or more SAP Data Management tools (Data Services, Information Steward, SAP MDG) or other leading Data Management ETL Solutions (SQL SSIS, IBM InfoSphere, e-Hub, Informatica, Syniti ADM, SNP etc.,)
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.