SAP BI Developer
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Canadian Pacific is hiring an experienced SAP BI Developer. This individual will participate in developing business intelligence solutions that collect, analyze, and present information to the business, and subsequently develop the solution to address the business requirements.
- Responsible for successful delivery of functional and technical components of Business Intelligence (BI) reporting solutions using SAP SAC & Business Objects.
- Primary responsibilities include reviewing requirements, creating technical specifications, developing artifacts in HANA, SAP Analytics Cloud & Business Objects.
- Other responsibilities include supporting and maintaining SAC Reports and Dashboards and HANA models.
- Responsible for defining and documenting business requirements.
- Develop functional and technical specifications to meet business requirements.
- Perform development to provide solutions addressing specific business needs.
- Responsible for root cause analysis on production issues.
- Responsible for the implementation of solutions to resolve production defects.
- Provide project support within the HANA models, BW, Business Objects.
- Assess business requirements & processes and provide recommendations on optimal solutions that will best serve the business needs.
- Review, analyze, and modify application systems, including coding, testing, debugging
- Perform technical unit tests on standard and developed objects;;
- Ensure the operating efficiency of existing application systems;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of custom built functionality and interfaces for SAP Applications and work with others developers in this area.
- Maintain records for the documentation of systems development and revisions;
- Day-to-day management of a specific task order or group of task orders affecting the same or related/interdependent systems
- Coordinate with RFCs and incident management
- Ensure the technical solutions and schedules in the task order(s) are implemented within estimated timeframes and budget constraints
- On-call support on rotational basis.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent Business Intelligence technical experience.
- Strong experience in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)- using Stories, Analytics Designer and Planning
- Proficient in HANA Modelling / SQL Programming.
- Strong experience in SAP Business Objects
- Expert Knowledge on SAP HANA performance Optimization.
- Knowledge in ETL processes using SAP SDA/SDI/Data Services Replication.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with multi-relational, dimensional databases.
- Deep understanding of SAP ECC & SAP TM applications.
- Experience in SAP Business Warehouse (BW) versions 7.x and higher will be an asset.
- Ability to gather, review business requirements. Interpret these into an architectural design and information model in SAP HANA environment.
- Good understanding of following tools.
- -Design Studio
- -BW-Business Explorer
- -Qlikview is an advantage
- Power BI
- Experienced in creating technical design documents from the functional specification documents.
- Knowledge of the Railway business.
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
- Flexible Work Environment
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
With Job Requisition Fields
- Req ID: 101087
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External