SAP BI/BW Consultant – Western Canada CIC
City : Calgary
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for greater efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is the first of its kind in Canada. The Western Canada CIC weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally.
In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide –for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development –staff training is one of the largest Centre investments. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role to invigorate Calgary’s technology sector
We are currently recruiting for top talent in SAP Practice - SAP BI BW.
- Work with clients to identify business requirements and translate them into functional and/or technical for SAP BI solutions
- Develop and support SAP BI solutions including data modelling, reporting, dashboards, and analytics
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and experience with SAP BW 7.x, SAP, BOBJ 4.2, SAP Business Objects, SAP WebIntelligence, data extraction in BW system from ECC using LO Cockpit, and Generic data extractors.
- Use BI related ABAP code in transformation routines and customer exits.
- Create and maintaining Info cubes, DSOs, Info objects, Multi-providers, Info sources, and data sources.
- Create Bex queries, calculated key figures, restricted key figures
- Develop and maintain documentation for SAP BI solutions including functional and technical specifications, test plans, and user guides
- Provide end-user training and support for SAP BI solutions
- Stay up-to-date with SAP BI technologies and trends and recommend improvements to existing solutions
- Collaborate with project teams and stakeholders to ensure project goals are achieved on time and within budget
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in SAP BI analytics, including hands-on experience with SAP Business Objects,
- Strong knowledge of data modelling and database concepts
- Experience in gathering business requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Ability to design and develop complex SAP BI solutions using advanced analytics and data visualization techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with clients and project teams
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- SAP BI certification and experience in SAP Lumira, SAP HANA, and SAP Analytics Cloud are a plus
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.