Sandwiches Maker – Tata Steel Schefferville-Fly in/Fly out (89635001)
City : Halifax
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Consumer Services
Employer : Sodexo
The Sandwiches maker will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include, preparing sandwiches, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and special/catered events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but TNDC may identify other areas of responsibility.
- As a member of our food services team, you will always provide the highest quality of customer service, while preparing or serving food to customers:
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
- Typically performs sandwiches preparation and assembly may do fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to guests.
- May produce food and serve guests.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal/provincial and corporate standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food, prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving items for consumption in dining areas.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting, and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry, or fish for culinary use.
- Taste’s products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- Will clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move, and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Must have successfully completed a recognized pre-employment training course in cooking
- 1-2 years’ experience in an industrial kitchen of at least 700-1000 persons
- 1-2 years of experience with food preparation and cutting
- 1-2 years of food preparation experience in a high-volume environment
- 1 year experience using HACCP food safety processes
- May accept an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must undergo and pass a Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol Test
- Personal and professional integrity, appearance, and demeanor
- High School Diploma an asset but not required.
· Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the work, such as agility, dexterity, and long period of walking, standing, bending carrying or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 50 pounds or more
Conditions of Employment:
• Pass mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and fitness for work assessment where required
• Valid Food Safe – Level 1 Certificate preferred
• Valid Occupational First Aid Certification (OFA) - Level 1 or 3 preferred
• Valid WHMIS Certification preferred
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license preferred; not required for all positions
We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!