Sales Operations Manager – Federal
City : Ottawa
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Providing business program management across Microsoft’s Federal business to enable teams to effectively deliver value to Government clients.
- Develop, implement and manage processes to ensure visibility to and alignment with key areas of strategic and operational significance across different internal teams. This includes but is not limited to, contract management, procurement, IT policy, Official Languages Act, Accessibility, Sustainability, HR policy and other duties.
- Develop internal communications to support those processes and collaborate with marketing and communications teams for external communications
- Coordinate complex pursuit management across a variety of internal stakeholders
- Coordinate engagement with external partners, the internal partner organization and with account teams
- Support delivery orchestration to ensure visibility and communications across teams and client departments
- Assist with the assessment of the business change requirements, identify risks, develop mitigation plans to enable account and partner teams to accelerate growth with minimal business friction.
- Coordinate with the commercial and contracts team to predictably manage Federal contracts
- Direct client engagement with SSC and PSPC procurement teams to orchestrate and align on contracting.
- Orchestrate and coordinate tailored skilling programs across internal programs, translation services and in partnership with client organization.
- Manage operational activities related to business case and investment development, vendor management and internal reporting.
The Business Program Manager will be supporting the Microsoft team in engaging with the Federal Government with excellence:
- Maintaining left to right visibility across the business to ensure well-managed, coordinated engagement
- Ensuring cross team integration, motivation and excellence
- Orchestrating cross team planning and execution of inter-related project tasks
- Supporting the delivery of key client initiatives including a comprehensive skilling plan
- Enabling Microsoft to deliver high quality services to government while managing risk and in compliance with Government and Microsoft policies
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND 6+ work experience in program management, process management, process improvement
- OR equivalent experience.
- Be a skillful leader, able to directly deliver and deliver through influence of others
- Sales operations experience
- Be a confident leader, representing your business in front of stakeholders and functional leaders at all levels inside and outside Microsoft.
- A successful track record in managing programs and projects
- Experience planning and executing plans, commercial pursuit strategies, and activities that drive business results.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about building a business, and thrives within an agile team environment.
- Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
- Background in large-scale, multi-year pursuits and projects
- Skilled in communications, engagement and influence
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and programs a plus
- Bilingualism French and English is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.