City : Toronto
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : Sales
Employer : Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC)
A multi-award winning facility, the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) has earned a solid reputation as North America’s leading Convention Centre, and has held over 18,000 events and hosted over 55 million guests since opening for business in October 1984. Covering over 2 million square feet, the MTCC is Canada’s largest convention facility, boasting seven exhibit halls, two large capacity ballrooms, and a beautiful 1,232 seat theatre among its many assets. It also houses 70 fully furnished meeting rooms, and 167,000 square feet of beautifully decorated pre-function spaces.
The MTCC is conveniently connected to Toronto’s Union Station railway and transit station through the Skywalk and is also accessible via the city’s underground PATH system.
MTCC is a Crown Corporation of the Province of Ontario and is proudly governed and led by an executive management team and an independent board of directors comprised of senior private sector business leaders. The mandate of the company is to position the Centre as a world-class destination, while helping to generate economic benefit to the community and at the same time remaining financially self-sufficient.
The Metro Toronto Convention Centre prides itself on its professionalism, responsiveness, and dedication to making every event it hosts memorable for its customers and guests alike.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing and issue contracts to clients, ensuring the contracting process is tracked and updated in Ungerboeck
- Track and update the status of proposals and contracts in progress to assist Managers with meeting deadlines
- Answers and responds to sales inquiries, filter new event leads from various platforms (web/phone/email) and distribute to the appropriate sales manager
- Assists with client proposals and maintain client information in Ungerboeck
- Assists in the preparation and reconciliation of monthly expense reports
- Organizes travel arrangements for the Sales Managers (this includes flight requests, accommodations, registration fees)
- Gathers and compile information for sales reports/board reports
- Reception duty/reception relief
- Coordinates internal meetings for sales department
- Participates in company functions
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and existing clients
- Provides customer service to Sales Managers, staff and clients through efficient communication, maintaining relationships, support and guidance. Ensures specific requirements of each customer are clearly communicated to all service departments.
- Make recommendations to colleagues and Sales Managers regarding new and efficient ways to complete tasks.
- The position requires the ability to consult with the sales manager on customer needs and make suggestions about the appropriate space required.
- Provides Ungerboeck technical training and support, and may act as the Ungerboeck Representative for the departments
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related field
- A minimum of two years administrative experience
- Proficiency with computerized systems and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
For a behind the scenes look at how our team helps our customers create successful events, visit our Instagram page:
Interested applicants are asked to submit their application online no later than:
June 26, 2023
Please note: The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. During any stage of the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation.