Sales Consultant (New Home Sales)
City : Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Category : Commissioned – Full Time
Industry : Sales
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Mattamy Homes Canada
Sales, Greater Toronto Low Rise Division
Director, Sales & Marketing
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking, and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
We are looking for a motivated, personable and results driven individual with a passion for the real estate industry to join our team. If you take pride in sales professionalism, quality homes and products, and customer service excellence, then we are the team for you. This is a unique opportunity to join the Mattamy Homes team as a Sales Consultant where you will provide exceptional sales excellence and the best homeowner experience to prospective purchasers in our Kitchener community. This role is great for a high energy, experienced sales professionals with a proven track record.
What you’ll do
- Represent Mattamy as the first point of contact for prospective purchasers
- Generate and follow-up on leads, qualifying and educating buyers on our products, driving sales volume, and guiding homebuyers throughout the sales process
- Provide an exceptional home buying experience by educating the buyer on the community, products and offerings, as well as the overall process, including the design, mortgage, construction and closing processes
- Review site and floor plans, explain the available options and provide information on home features and pricing
- Respond accurately and quickly to potential purchaser and homeowner inquiries
- Ensure a successful sales process by qualifying all prospects, identifying prospects' requirements, providing timely information on home features, upgrades and pricing and explaining Mattamy sales procedures and processes
- Commit to achieving sales related business goals, attending meetings and providing necessary follow-up to ensure a seamless home buying experience
- Achieve Customer Service performance goals
- Assist in the supervision of Sales Assistants in daily responsibilities
- Thoroughly understand and be able to explain the Agreement of Purchase & Sale and all related paperwork to potential purchasers
- Prepare, review and enter homeowner information for purchase and sale agreements into corporate database.
- Maintain market analysis, identifying marketing strategies, target Realtor partnerships and other outreach programs to meet sales goals
- Attends staff and association meetings to keep informed of marketing conditions, property values, and legislation affecting the real estate industry
What you bring
- 7+ years’ sales experience, with proven success
- Exceptional verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to identify and understand customer's requirements.
- Adept at building trusting, professional relationships with prospective home buyers with the ability to match customer's home requirements to units and products offered by Mattamy.
- Excellent customer service skills with a positive demeanor
- Technological Savvy with the ability to use technology to enhance sales experience coupled with experience in MS Office and CRM applications.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Business minded, knowledgeable and understands establishing and achieving sales goals and budgets
- Results oriented with proven track record of converting leads to sales
- Ability to read and understand construction, site and floor plans an asset.
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit the highest degree of honesty and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced, team-oriented setting.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays required
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.