Sales & Closing Coordinator
City : Mississauga, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Marketing
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Mississauga, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Sales & Marketing, Greater Toronto Lowrise
Senior Manager, Sales & Closing
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Sales & Closing Coordinator is responsible for the timely administration of Purchase and Sale Agreements and their subsequent closing transactions.
What you’ll do
- Review and process sales contract paperwork and change orders in JD Edwards for accuracy and completion. Includes monitoring closing dates and specific clauses and schedules within each agreement.
- Create and distribute necessary legal closing documents: HST rebates, Statement of Adjustments, and Tarion enrollments for individual units.
- Input closing costs and balancing ledger sheets before closing (deposits and upgrades) and determining amounts to credit/ debit.
- Address issues raised by purchasers and lawyers in regard to construction, taxes and
Statement of Adjustments.
- Banking and accounts receivable to ensure all payments are processed.
- Approval of sales commission invoicing (purchase price & lot premiums).
- On-going communication with external entities: lawyers, auditors, CCRA, Tarion, utility companies and purchasers as well as internal departments: sales offices, construction, finance, design and customer care staff.
- Prepare weekly reporting of closings and deposits.
What you bring
- Completion of college diploma required, preferably in Office or Business Administration.
- Legal background in real estate or residential planning an asset.
- Must be detailed and thorough in execution of work.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to prepare professional letters.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- General knowledge of the construction process and TARION guidelines.
- Demonstrated proficiency and speed in Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines.
- Ability to be self-directed and work with little supervision.
- Basic Accounting knowledge and/or experience
- Familiarity with JD Edwards System
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.