Safety Manager – Construction
City : Saint John
Category : Project/Program Management
Industry : Miscellaneous merchant wholesalers
Employer : J.D. Irving
SAFETY MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION
Who We Are:
Our team operates in a highly technical, fast paced, competitive business and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive.
We are currently looking for a Safety Manager - Construction for Irving Forest Services Limited located in Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- CRST / CRSP or working toward designation.
- Years of Experience Required: 10+ years progressive safety experience.
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships both with and among team members and contractors.
- Ability to work as an influencer within a team environment.
- Strong process improvement and change management mindset.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge in Intelex and ISN would be considered an asset.
- Advanced Investigation Training would be considered an asset.
- Coach and mentor on technical safety knowledge areas and risk to our supervisors, managers, and contractors.
- Lead the Contractor Management Program for our Projects group.
- Safety Management System Auditing to ensure program standards are maintained.
- Manage the training process for various safety related programs.
- Conduct regular inspections of all worksites to ensure compliance with all legislation and company policies, standards, procedures, and rules.
- Provide guidance to management on safety standards & best practices.
- Audit Contractor Safety Programs to ensure standards are met.
- Facilitate investigations and corrective action identification and provide coaching for improvements.
- Provide support on the Environment Process for our Projects group.
- Continuous improvement of the safety systems.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please Apply Online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.