Safety Coordinator – 12 Month
City : Logan Lake, British Columbia, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Highland Valley Copper
Are you passionate about safety and ensuring the safety of others? If so, we would love to have you join our Health and Safety team at our Highland Valley Copper operations!
Reporting to the Superintendent, Operational Health & Safety, the Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing safety, technological, and administrative support to the Health, Safety, and Risk Departments as well as all employees working on the mine site.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone self-motivated, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can focus on priorities, set objectives, and measure performance. Someone who will find opportunities for improvement and will gain trust and compliance in those initiatives.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work in the field at an expansive mine, collaborating with all levels of the operation, and work with them to achieve crucial strategic objectives. With our safety team you will work together to develop and grow a program that is critical to the success of our operation.
Come live with us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all of the comforts of city living. We are also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small town community atmosphere.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support several departments to maintain the health and safety program
- Provide support to the site department leads to advance worker and contractor health and safety at the site
- Complete risk assessments, reporting, safety meetings, incident investigation documentation, and tracking of various safety procedures
- Participate in internal and external health and safety audits
- Provide tracking, testing, monitoring, and data entry for safety programming and procedures
- Support administrative processes within the department
- CSO, NCSO, CRSP, CIH, CRM or health and safety related designation
- Post-secondary education in a related field to health and safety or mining is considered an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in health and safety related disciplines
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and various computer software systems
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, and manage a multiple projects including supporting several department leads
- Willingness to learn and step up to support the team by taking on new and interesting challenges
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.