Road Patroller – Highway Maintenance
City : Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category : Full time Labourer
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:Are you tired of being on the road? Looking to be home at night and to be a bigger part of your community? Ledcor Highway Maintenance has long-term stable career opportunities. With guaranteed long-term contracts of at least 7 years in length, Ledcor offers you the stability of year-round or seasonal employment, and the chance to make long-term plans all while being part of a great team dedicated to safe operations and keeping our highways and communities safe.
We are looking for enthusiastic and team-oriented people to join our team that helps keep our Ontario provincial Highways safe. You have highway maintenance experience, have strong communication skills and are observant. Your safety-oriented approach and organizational skills contribute to the overall success and safety of your colleagues and the travelling public. You have a valid Driver’s license and a desire to work for an industry leading employer and great community-minded organization. We offer industry-leading wages, excellent training, benefits, and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company. You will be responsible for winter and seasonal patrolling and maintenance of Ontario highways using various equipment.
Join Ledcor’s Highway team today!
Click on the link below to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Ledcor Highways team in various locations across the Sault Ste. Marie CDMC.
- Patrol highways and report road conditions
- Monitor and record weather events and forecasts
- Recommend priority locations to address to your lead hand or shop supervisor
- Contact operators to bring on shift as required
- Help ensure health, safety, and environment related concerns are addressed promptly
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license, and must have a clear 3-year driver's abstract
- Must have knowledge of provincial and/or municipal highway maintenance specifications
- Must have professional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be approachable, ethical, and accountable
- Snow plow and loader experience is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft office would be considered an asset
- As we respond to various weather patterns, some shift work, on-call, and night shift may be required in addition to scheduled patrols
- Benefits & RSPs to be provided
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.