Risk & Control Analyst
City : BEDFORD, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
Responsible for conducting control assessments, supporting governance/ reporting, automation activities and assisting management as required in the implementation and continuous enhancement of the firm’s operational risk framework and activities.
What will you do?
Work in global alignment and collaboration with the broader BCS RC&G team to manage and improve risk and control oversight by executing activities such as but not limited to:
Proactive review of key processes and associated risks;
maintaining and optimization of BCS Key Control Inventories;
facilitation of quarterly control self-assessment cycles;
conducting independent control evaluations to ensure design and operating effectiveness of controls;
robust incident management while ensuring data quality and linkages to risk/controls; and
maintaining, standardizing and improving risk focused governance and MI reporting.
What you need to succeed?
- University graduate or equivalent
- 0-1 years experience in a Operations, Risk, Audit and/or Compliance role.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills – Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Visio (Intermediary to Advanced).
- Strong relationship-building and team-building skills.
- A collaborative, solution-oriented and proactive/change mindset.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong sense of initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure and balance a diverse set of priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills
- Comfortable with working independently and/or in groups.
- Ability to analyze and present data in a structured manner.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Flexible work/life balance options
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.