City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
At Freedom, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings affordable wireless services to Canadians. We provide not only the wireless freedom Canadians want, but the wireless freedom Canadians deserve and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
RAFM team is a crucial function of Freedom Mobile within finance department. The team focuses on assuring end to end revenue streams are intact. Fraud function aims to prevent and detect fraud and recommend mitigation methods and policy. It reports on facts and observations to management and recommends industry best practice to prevent losses and keep revenues intact.
A typical day
• Assist in ensuring all bill cycles of postpaid are complete, accurate and timely billed.
• Ensure all rates and charges applied are complete, accurate and billed/charged for postpaid and prepaid services.
• Investigate billing and charging fallouts using tools and running database queries and engage with IT Billing teams for corrective actions.
• Support in executing various reconciliations process on set periodic intervals.
• Participate and support for validating new products, help in designing new reports, write SQL queries and partnering with other stake holders on need basis to ensure continuous process improvement.
• Help RA team in preparing variance reporting, root cause analysis, and error resolution resulting in revenue recovery or cost savings
• Assist in preparing monthly revenue reports and leakage reports for Revenue Assurance.
• 2–4 years of Revenue Assurance experience in Wireless business.
• Independently develop and run complex SQL queries to determine root cause and quantify impact. This requires sound knowledge of SQL language. (Knowledge of any additional coding language is an asset)
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data, understand system designs and billing mechanism.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office application, reporting tools (E.g. Tableau, Micro Strategy)
• Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skill using large data and ability to resonate with line of business.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated