Retail Venue Manager -Bilingual (70302047)
City : Ottawa
Category : Full-time Management
Industry : Retail
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Act as point of contact for daily operations between Client, Sales Associates and Sodexo upper Management
- Ensure daily operations and service levels are met; Prepare daily schedules, assign breaks and posts and replace absent staff, assists with daily operations when needed.
- Ensure sufficient resources are available to manage operations and unforeseen requests ( special events,…)
- Proactively manage performance issues and HR situations, inform concerned Authority and provide updates to the Client.
- Provide training to Supervisors and Sales Associates.
- Ensure all Personnel have up-to-date information on all events, promotions, products, procedures and changes to the operations.
- Provide on-the-floor supervision of Supervisors and Sales Associates to ensure smooth operation on a daily basis.
- Oversee cash-out procedures and reconcile cash-out as a whole, ensure safes are replenished.
- Produce daily revenue reports according to the procedures.
- Address customer complaints and resolve issues; escalate significant issues to involved team.
- Approve transactions where supervisor override is required.
- Act as a sales software expert for the purpose of training, supervising and reporting. Initial training will be provided by the Client.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance to the Standards, Uniform Guidelines and Financial processes and procedures.
- Ensure that guests are served within a reasonable time frame. The Service level standards will be provided by the Client.
- Reports information in a timely matter to Client, keeps close communication and participate in various meetings.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Fluent Bilingual English/French is required
- Post-secondary education (ideally, marketing and / or business)
- 2+ years of progressive retail leadership experience, with 2+ years’ experience working with Point of Sales systems, report management and business analytics
- 5+ years of supervisory or managerial experience; experience managing unionized staff
- Proven retail business operations experience
- Experience in management of multi operations retail accounts
- Proven financial management skills (understanding of finance – and basic understanding of analysis, budgeting, forecasting) within a large size portfolio of business
- Understanding of relevant retail technology (point of sales systems – e-commerce, stores, vending, micro markets
- Strong Microsoft office suite skills
- Ability to action KPI’s, goals and initiatives in a multi- unit setting
- Maintains a positive, winning spirit and role models personal resilience
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater because we believe our everyday actions have a big impact. You belong in a company that allows you to act with purpose and thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- An award-winning employer for Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, and much more. View Sodexo’s latest awards here
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
Instagram: Sodexo Canada (@sodexocanada)
Twitter: Sodexo Canada (@SodexoCanada)
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo Canada | Facebook