Retail Team Lead (Freedom Mobile) – Bay Centre
City : Victoria
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks. At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers. Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Be a Freedom Mobile Brand Ambassador – provide outstanding customer service, ensure an engaging and exciting workplace for yourself and your peers, and drive continuous sales results! We are looking for a highly motivated individual who shows strong abilities in multitasking, organization and time management that can:
• Open and close the store per Operating Policies, maintaining keys to the Store, and accountable for ensuring the Store and Company assets are always properly safeguarded and secured.
• Communicate sales performance results with the Team and provide clear action plans to drive sales.
• Assist in providing on-the-job training for new hires and the continued training and development of team members by providing on the floor peer mentor/observations as needed. OUR MANY PERKS AND BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• Industry-leading Sales Excellence Award programs - win phones, TVs and trips through sales achievement!
• An Employee Phone Program - access to phenomenal deals on phone plans as well as a mobile phone subsidy
• Competitive earning potential with exciting commissions and bonus plans
• A customizable health and dental plan to suit you and your family’s needs, including potential extended coverage on massages, Invisalign and laser eye surgery
• Incredible employee discounts on Shaw products and services
• A strong culture of career progression that offers development, growth and internal promotion
A typical day
Do you enjoy developing a team of outstanding individuals? In this role, your primary daily interactions will be with Freedom Mobile customers and your team. Your main responsibility will be to supervise retail operations in assistance with the Store Manager, as well as:
• Meet personal targets while driving peers to achieve store goals through effective mentoring and training
• Execute store operations during scheduled shifts as directed by the Store Manager, which may include, but are not limited to: Inventory Management (RMAs, Shipping, Receiving), Banking (Cash Management, Daily Deposits), Merchandising, etc.
• Sell merchandise and process payments by totaling purchases and processing cash, debit, or credit card payments appropriately and ensure accurate cash management practices are being followed by Retail Specialists on shift
• Regularly update team members on sales progress and initiatives
• Lead by example in ensuring that all standard operating policies, processes, and procedures are being adhered to in the absence of the Store Manager
• Minimum of 1-2 years of progressive Retail Sales experience
• Previous experience in the wireless industry is an asset
• A positive demeanor and a commitment to improvement that leads to outstanding customer experiences
• Ability to provide constructive feedback to peers
• Availability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
• You may be required to work in other Freedom Mobile store locations within a 35km radius of your Home Store #Freedomretail
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.