City : Red Deer
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We’re looking for a Retail Store Manager to join our Bower Place location in Red Deer. Reporting to the Retail Area Manager, the Store Manager is responsible for delivering a best-in-class in-store experience for our customers and store team members, achieving performance objectives including sales goals, and running an operationally sound store.
A typical day
You’ll spend most of your day interacting with your team members, empowering them to succeed in their job while fostering a culture conducive to teamwork, continuous learning, growth, and development.
Leveraging tools, resources, and data, you’ll own the customer experience and your store’s performance, coaching and mentoring your team members to ensure individual and team success, motivating them to perform to the best of their abilities.
You’ll regularly communicate business initiatives and set clear objectives for your team, giving them direction and guidance and taking corrective action where necessary to hold them accountable.
The rest of your time will be focused on maximizing store performance, managing staffing levels through scheduling and recruitment, inventory and cash management, and ensuring compliance to in-store brand expectations and operational procedures.
Other accountabilities include:
• Help set new team members up for success by supporting onboarding and training activities
• Take responsibility for resolving customer issues, taking swift and appropriate action to retain them
• Ensure efficient store operations through effective scheduling and recruitment
• Manage the store with an entrepreneurial spirit, maintaining awareness of market and industry trends
• Build collaborative relationships with market, region, and division stakeholders
• 1-3 years of leadership experience
• 3+ years of retail sales experience, preferably in a technology environment
• Post-secondary degree or college diploma (in business, sales, or a related field) is preferred but not required
• Natural, motivational and energetic leader with exceptional sales skills, inspiring teams to be successful
• Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills (presentation, written and verbal)
• Willing to challenge the status quo and ask questions
• Able to put decisions into action, create a plan, and execute
• Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to identify barriers and overcome obstacles
• Exceptional at time management, prioritization, and multitasking And some other things…
• You’ll need to successfully complete a credit and criminal background check
• You must be able to maintain a varied work schedule to support the operational hours of our various retail stores, channels, and region. This includes evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
• You may be expected to work in other Shaw retail store locations
• Location Specific: Bower Place
• Is travel required? No
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated