City : Calgary
Category : Part-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Are you passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience? If you’re an energetic self-starter who genuinely enjoys interacting with others, then we have an opportunity for you!
We’re looking for a part-time Retail Specialist to join our Freedom Mobile retail location in Marlborough Mall. Reporting to the Retail Store Manager, the Retail Specialist strives to create customer value and brand loyalty through every in-store interaction while driving revenue. In this role, your natural curiosity will help you uncover the customers' needs and inspire them to see what's possible with Freedom Mobile’s products and services. You’ll use this insight to provide them with the right products and services solutions to complement their needs and lifestyle. By creating genuine connections, you will turn the store visitor into a loyal customer.
What we offer:
• A competitive base wage plus a sales incentive program based on your individual performance
• Extensive training as part of your onboarding and dedicated resources for continuous learning
• Incredible employee discounts on Shaw and Freedom products & services, for all your entertainment needs
• Paid vacation starting at the full-time equivalent of 3 weeks per year for a healthy work-life balance
• A customizable health & dental benefits program to meet the health & well-being needs of you and your eligible family members
• A full range of rewards that includes access to a generous share purchase program and retirement plans
• Great career growth opportunities throughout at Shaw and Freedom locations nationwide
A typical day
Your day will be spent engaging store customers as a brand ambassador, promoting and selling all things Freedom Mobile. You will create meaningful interactions with customers through product/service demos, general device support, and other inquiries. You’ll be an integral part of a welcoming, energetic and diverse environment that encourages healthy competition for sales incentives. By using your exceptional communication skills, you will inspire unscripted, organic and engaging conversations with our customers. As you reach your personal and professional goals, you’ll enjoy being part of a team that succeeds and celebrates together.
Other accountabilities include:
• Answering general account questions like billing enquiries and device support
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting situations and handling any product exchanges or returns
• Participating in training sessions and continuous learning activities with your team to ensure a high standard of service
• Cash reconciliation at the start and end of shifts
• You love to communicate and connect with new people every day
• You are energized by technology and enjoy sharing your knowledge
• You’re driven, always curious, eager, and outgoing
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required
• Previous sales experience? Great, but we’re really interested in your drive, positive attitude, and passion for customer service And some other things…
• You must be at least 18 years of age
• You’ll need to successfully complete a credit and criminal background check
• You may be required to work in other Freedom Mobile store locations within a 35km radius of your Home Store
• You must be able to maintain a varied work schedule to support the operational hours of our various retail stores, channels, and regions. This includes evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays. Fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese or Vietnamese is an asset.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated